*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666261-Him
by Alicia
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1666261
I haven't even said I love you yet....
There he is. He just walked in the room and our eyes met. At least, I think they did. The moment passed so quickly and our romance has to remain hidden in this environment. Our eyes shift, I turn to meaningless conversation to occupy my outward appearance.
"Hey!!! How are you? Did you rent that movie? Did Edin really buy that car?" All the while my mind is racing with thoughts of him and what we did last night, even more intrigued by all the sweet somethings the day will hold. My eyes sparkle when he's near to me, I can feel it. His presence brings a peace and serenity to my heart that I have never felt before and it stirs me. I want nothing but to be close to him. For now I pretend to be occupied by mindless converstaion and silly formalities. Can they see my eyes wondering? I can't help it, he draws me in. He's so tall and dark and beautiful. Is his laugh as intoxicating to you as it is to me? I'm sure it doesn't replay in your head like it does in mine. You don't want to read this. Just another love sick girl, struck by newly found love.
That's the thing; it's not just another girl and this is not your run of the mill love story. This is one of those epic tales that seems to be copied out of Aphrodite's journal. Love, beauty and sexuality. Raw and free and full of life. But at the same time rigid, tame and in the shadows. Secrets and hidden lives were really not our way and we needed to be free. The spell was cast and neither of us could break it as boldly as we tried. The reasons for secracy are unimportant and dim in the light of this love. While it was forbidden, it was love. Despite the sin of it all, God is Love and we felt Him.
He stood there in front of me and we were the only two people in a room of a hundred. The presentation was fun and lively as he always was; and I knew he felt my eyes on him throughout and that made him happy. Our secret flirtation was full of riddles and clues that nobody would ever uncover. With our code language in place and the fact that we knew eachother inside and out, the words I love you flowed constantly between us. Before I could begin to enjoy his presence, the presentation was over and others rushed to greet him. He always left me wanting more. Satisfied, but never full. No time to make eye contact as I left the room. Although I felt his eyes watching me as I went....
© Copyright 2010 Alicia (prettywings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666261-Him