*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666917-Dart
by 3-Mas
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Other · #1666917
Book I'm working on.. so work in progress
(Dart)

The city of Tell Asmarr is a marvelous place, filled with all sorts of fantasies and misdemeanors waiting around every alleyway and around every street corner. Breezes roll up through my open window caressing thick volumes of voluptuous aromas into my opened nostrils. The smells I mindlessly follow seduce me out of my home and into the night. I am led towards the scents of roast suckling pig, jasmine and honeysuckle. These many nights I find myself strung out and barely able to break from such tedious actions the local taverns and good ladies of the night provide.

Shallow Water Tavern is always open to me and my troop. Often and regularly attended my fellow soldiers and I are bought by the simple pleasures hosted. This, our favorite haven has the best drink in the city and exotic dancers that leave a man practically bursting at the seams. What we do when faced with two very large, downright oversized, foaming mugs of ale? Drink them! Ha-ah, as for the girls, they have grown used to my company and expectant of my return.  They often request that I stay til’ day break and stay I do.  I stay here due my importance to the girls also out of obligation.

Dart – (to Comrades) - I promised good company and good wine. Yes, that is what I promise and nothing less my friends! It would be frowned upon otherwise, reputation is at stake here and I won’t let you go with a loose belt. I will leave that up to Beatrice and her lovely friends…

Thick laughter fills the air as tavern girls sport their wares with batted lashes and ruffled skirt some shooting grotesque remarks back at the overly, hasty troop.

Dart - Sláinte mhaith!

Comrade - Here! Here!

Dart – Inn keep another round good sir!

The resounding cheer from friends and tavern girls echoes through the tavern door and into the night.          
© Copyright 2010 3-Mas (3-mas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666917-Dart