*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667304-Arizona-Arcade
by subha
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Action/Adventure · #1667304
This is about a lonely man's escape and survival.
Arizona arcade





Jim with his Jeans Pants, Denim Jeans Shirt with a Cowboy hat and a long rope was ready to cross over the deserts of Arizona …For that he wanted to ensure the right map to cross over the deserts of Arizona. He was very much adventurous with a determined mind to pursue his ambition of hitting the treasures in Sonoran Desert. He was just reading the environment and climatic condition and trying to acclimatize about the place he is planning to visit.,he was just reading the contents from the google search “The Sonoran Desert is an arid region covering 120,000 square miles in southwestern Arizona and southeastern California, as well as most of Baja California and the western half of the state of Sonora, Mexico. Subdivisions of this hot, dry region include the Colorado and Yuma deserts. Irrigation has produced many fertile agricultural areas, including the Coachella and Imperial valleys of California.. This is the hottest of our North American deserts, but a distinctly bimodal rainfall pattern produces a high biological diversity. Winter storms from the Pacific nourish many west coast annuals such as poppies and lupines, while well-developed summer monsoons host both annuals and woody plants originating from the south. Freezing conditions can be expected for a few nights in winter.Trees are usually well developed on the desert ranges and their bajadas. Often abundant on these well-drained soils are Little-leaf Palo Verdes, Desert Ironwoods, Catclaw and Saguaro.The understory consists of three, four or even five layers of smaller woody shrubs. Tall chollas may occur in an almost bewildering array of species. The alluvial lowlands host communities of Desert Saltbush, wolfberry and bursage. On coarser soils, Creosote Bush and bursage communities may stretch for miles. Where the water table is high, Honey or Velvet Mesquite may form dense bosques or woodlands”.





Having read the details in order to survive during the hottest summer months and to keep away from the cold breeze of the Sonoran Desert, he made all the preparations for preparing a temporary tent with the materials available without carrying much head load in order to survive. He knows very well that according to the map Yuma desert is the place in which in an ancient destructed tomb lies the treasure…He just made plans to reach the Yuma desert through Colorado and for that he has to reach the southeastern California ..He was just planning to go from NewYork to California by flight and after that to travel by helicopter to the Southeastern Region to the west main and then go by walk above the hills and try to reach Yuma desert.



He was traveling the hot sun which actually brought a lot of sweat and heat …in order not  to get tired , he took the flowers and fruits of  Cactus and tried to keep his inner vigor and strength. He was very determined to reach the YUMA Fort in the Yuma desert..But unfortunately what you could see is the canyons and arid desert places where only saguaro cactus is growing in abundance. He was walking..walking….. with not a place to hide from the treacherous hot sun which slowly zapped his energy and he thought of due to dehydration will die soon…soon….But to his he found some residues of the  Jaguar..therefore he thought of following the foot path and reach a place where some water can be found.

He just follwed the foot path but alas it went and reached a tree where at the top the Jaguar was sitting…He thought of seeing the Jaguar…He just clicked his cigar lighter and the Jaguar on seeing the light and fire caught in the thick cactus , he just brought as a protection got fire… and frightened it….Somehow he just made the Jaguar to run away from the place and started resting on the shades of the tree…Thinking of a hopeless situation got in the midst of the hot , arid desert and felt tired…Sat down …looking for any water source nearby…Alas he never found anyone …except the desert’s mirage floating in the soil due to the very hot sun giving the image of water…nothing can be done to escape….At last found an idea to climb the tree….Somehow Slowly with the help of the rope …he brought, he slowly climbed to the top of the tree and found…found at last the fort…The image in the hot wave was just gleaming like a  precious yellow metal due to the rays of the sun and slowly when the sun set in the horizon…he had his hopes risen raising from the inner sea depth of his heart and mind attaining a perpetual  calm by the sight  lifting his hopes like the early morning rising sun in the east.

© Copyright 2010 subha (subha2010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667304-Arizona-Arcade