*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667313-the-natural-alarm-clock
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by daisy
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1667313
cock is bird in the farm that shrieks in the morning and wakes the farmers for their work
It was an usual maneuver that every day when the dawn spreads its dewy coat all over earth birds sing, flowers bloom, people wake up and everything looks up with even more liveliness. This is the way the dawn, his majesty of morning is welcomed by the earthlings.
One fine day when everything was going on as usual, a slimy, stupid cock forgot to wish his majesty. Earlier that day the dawn had a fight with sun and so he was already in a fit. Seeing that the cock didn’t wish him, he went to the field where the cock was sleeping and waited for him to wake up so that he could punish him. The cock at last got up and on seeing his majesty, he smiled sheepishly. This irritated the dawn further.
The dawn thought this was the time for him to punish the cock and so he took the cock by his neck and the cock got strangled and it cried “cock- a –cocka –coo”. The other cocks were surprised by this and they thought this is the way that the dawn is expecting them to show their respect.
From that day onwards till now, it had been their habit to wish dawn but we humans think that they are some kind of alarm system. One must also understand that we people shouldn’t sleep even after the dawn had come because he would get angry and make us the next bunch of clocks. So get up early in the morning and beware not to follow the stupid cock. This is how till today the cock in the farm remains as an natural alarm clock and just wake everybody up!
© Copyright 2010 daisy (ak93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667313-the-natural-alarm-clock