*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667479-Escape
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1667479
Steve tries to escape without being caught
Steve darted around the corner out of breath.  His friend Dan had been waiting for him to return.



“I think I’ve lost them,” said Steve.



“Lemme see it,” said Dan.



Steve unzipped his coat and handed the brown bag over.  Dan peered inside.



         “Are you sure this is the right one,” asked Dan. 



         “Positive,” replied Steve.  “I found it in a drawer with your name on it.”



         “Great, now we just need to get out of here.”



         Steve peered around the corner, the halls were clear.  It was only a short run to the exit.  They made a break for it.  Up ahead, there was a fork in the hallway.  Steve stopped just before it and peered around the corner.



         “Hurry, they’re coming back,” said Steve.



         They turned around and ran in the other direction, trying to find a different exit.  Steve rounded the next corner and kept running.  He heard voices behind him.



         “There he is,” yelled the two vice principals.



         Steve turned; Dan was no longer behind him.  Cautiously he glanced around the corner; Mr. Binks had caught up with Dan.  He watched as the bag was taken out of Dan’s hand.  Mr. Binks pulled out the I-Pod that was stashed inside the brown bag.



         “It wasn’t me who took it from the office,” pleaded Dan.



         Steve darted around another corner looking for an exit.  He burst through the doors and sighed with relief.  He walked towards home in disbelief that Dan tried turning him in, after he had convinced him to break into the office.



word count: 258
© Copyright 2010 Melanie L. (smia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667479-Escape