*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667747-My-life-as-a-writer
by Ronda
Rated: · Other · Writing · #1667747
My passion for writing and the correct usage of the English language.
Back in 1991, I began my writing short stories by writing a fiction mystery novel. At first, I didn't know what I was going to write about, but the more I wrote on paper, the more I knew what I wanted the story to be about. I didn't want to write about the usual "boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love". I wanted to write about something that's dark, and mysterious. I know evil surrounds us everyday. I wanted to write about how people can have so much hate in their heart for someone. As the story line grew, the more my thoughts and visions came to life. The plot thickened as I realized that I had written seven chapters. My characters came to life halfway through the book. I revised my manuscript several times because I felt it didn't have enough substance. I'm a stickler for English (I excelled in English), but when you are writing a short story, you have to have correct grammar. Now that my manuscript is finished, I have to go back and read it over for correct usage of grammar. I take my writing very serious and I have a lot of compassion for it. Maybe one day, I will be a successful author.
© Copyright 2010 Ronda (rondaj13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667747-My-life-as-a-writer