*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667949-Tent-Code-and-Scream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1667949
Walls of an unknown script...
I crammed the last of the tent into my pack. Everything of import was stored and ready to go. The hieroglyphs were stored on the pages of a small notebook I had placed in my breast pocket. Why the original scans of the stones hadn’t managed to pick up the remaining few sections of script I wasn’t sure but without them the code was unbreakable.
Reaching the caves I followed the well defined path. The dig crews had made access easy and the sections of wall that I required weren’t far in. I exhaled. It was a beautiful sight. Thousands of years in the dark and finally the archeologists had unearthed this. Walls of an unknown script, one they’d not been able to figure out for themselves… despite their decades of experience.
And now it was my abilities they needed.
I hadn’t told them how much of it I had figured out, how much I knew. But this last code… I shook my head. It made no sense. The light was shining clearly on the glyphs, there was nothing special about them, no reason as to why the scans hadn’t picked them up, they were deep and clear markings.
I read the words slowly, ‘Idontre cintara denkentis qonterra’. From darkness comes death.
‘Any luck Jordan?’
I turned, knocking the light from its stand. Bradman, head of the dig, stood above me, a sneer situated on his pasty face. It contorted and his mouth opened to usher forth a curdling scream that reduced to a gurgle. He fell to the ground, a blade sticking up from his back like a flag claiming new territory.
‘He was going to kill you; I could hear him thinking it.’ A little boy stood, angelic green eyes and blonde hair, looking up innocently at me.



Exactly 300w.
© Copyright 2010 Kathy Edwards (kuedwards at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667949-Tent-Code-and-Scream