*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668276-Built-1st-Place-Editor-Pk-May-13-NL
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1668276
What? Shelley dating Warren? Something wasn't right...
By anyone’s standards, Shelley caused any man’s heart to skip a beat. Her seductive looks and curly long blond hair were envied by any who laid eyes on her. Her slender curves and subtle movements created an instant stir of steamy sexual thoughts.

The townspeople were stunned when Warren Weiner drove into town, in all his magnificence behind the wheel of a rusty Geo Metro, with Shelley by his side.

By all rights Shelley had only been around town for a week by most recollections, but Warren Weiner? The nerdiest guy in the county dating a pearl like Shelley? Something just wasn’t right. Thom, who had his eye on Shelley himself, decided to investigate.

Thom, a striking young man, shadowed the couple as they entered the grocery. He caught the door just in time as he slipped inside. While his eyes adjusted to the light, he spotted them arm in arm, walking down the center aisle. From the back, Thom caught sight of something blinking in Warren’s pocket. For some reason, Thom’s curiosity soared.

Thom sauntered past the couple, but Shelley shot nary a glance toward him. She smiled and seemed content to watch Warren read the label on a bottle of aspirins. Thom shook his head. Beside himself in disbelief, he positioned himself at the end display to peer into Warren’s pocket once he stood upright.

Once he did, Thom looked full upon the remote control in Warren’s pocket, and rubbed his eyes at the various mode settings – Seductive, Obedient, Normal, On/Off.

Thom reached into Warren’s pocket and snatched the remote quick as a snake’s strike. Warren’s eyes wide, he lunged at the remote, but he was too late. Thom hit the “Off” button, and Shelley slumped to the floor in a heap.


299 Words
Flash Fiction Must Contain: Pearl, Door, Bottle

Editor's Pick in the May 8, 2013 Fantasy Newsletter
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668276-Built-1st-Place-Editor-Pk-May-13-NL