*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668410-What-is-Beauty
by Juliat
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1668410
Letter written by woman in love, love and nature are close to each other.
Dear Mike,



You asked what beauty is and what it means to me. I spent a whole week walking trough the forests around La Fontaine and Awenda Park, taking pictures, thinking about everything, especially beauty.



Beauty is when hazy silhouettes of Blue Mountains melt into the summer sky and disappear in the mystic dark waters of the Georgian Bay.

...when sweet blackberries shine in the reddening leaves, and the hills are rolling far, far on the horizon.

...when subtle balsamic fragrances of mushrooms, herbs, wild flowers and pine needles fill up the air just before sunset.

...when myriads of stars mirror in the black glistening waters of the lake.

...when green and violet northern lights bring fear, disbelief and faith at the same time. God lives in the sky!

...when the opera of the storm reveals at first dramatic clouds, winds and thunders and leads later to the rainbow grand finale.

...when a juicy pear picked in the orchard carries back in time and becomes a key to the treasure box of memories. Mother's soft voice guides to the land of dreams, father's fishing rod, like a magic wand, creates new adventures: angels sit on branches, fairies ride on birds, dragons are real and who knows what hides in the purple shadows, each road shows the way to the unknown territory - Australia, Atlantis, Canada.



Beauty is a continuum; it is to know that a path to the past leads to the future, day to another day, season to season.

Beauty is to have the heart filled with feelings as vast as the sky and waters, as warm as sands, as sweet as sun ripened fruits and childhood memories, as divine as northern lights, as eternal as dreams and the universe.



Beauty is to love you Michael!



Julia



PS. What do you think about pictures. I am proud of those with berries and rainbow, but angel moved and the picture is not sharp enough. I added it anyway.
© Copyright 2010 Juliat (julitka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668410-What-is-Beauty