*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668483-Midnight
by xTobyx
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Romance/Love · #1668483
About a boy...<3
Constructive criticism is welcomed!!!! I need to know if this is any good or not...
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I hear a creak, and sit up in the darkness. I make out the sound of soft footsteps, and suddenly my bedroom door is opening. My hands are instantly clammy, and my heart quickens as fear courses through my veins.
I see a dark silhouette slowly enter the room, walking precariously in the direction of the bed, so as not to make any noise. I find myself squinting, trying to make out any details in the half-light.
Abruptly, someone grabs my hand, and the light quickly flashes on, revealing a face, inches from mine. I almost scream, but then I realise who my visitor is.
His grey blue eyes watch mine anxiously, and his hazel fringe begins to fall across his face where he has pushed it back. I sigh in relief, and he almost mimics my movements, closing his eyes and smiling.
'How did you get in here?'
He laughs softly, before replying. 'Through the door,'
I slowly raise one eyebrow. and he smirks, looking away distractedly.
He turns to face me once more, to say something. 'Come on, I've gotta show you something,'
I assume that the confusion shows on my face, because he says something else.
'Don't worry!'
I remember that he still has my hand when he pulls me gently out of bed. He turns off the light, and I start to panic, my fear of the dark consuming me. He feels me stop, and drops my hand, walking around behind me.
I fell him wrap his arms around me, and he puts his head on my shoulder, whispering in my ear.
'You seriously think I'm gonna let something hurt you?'
I raise both my hands and cover his. He moves his head closer, until it's touching my ear. I feel his smile on my neck.
He kisses my cheek, before moving away from me. My arms fall to my sides. He reaches out for my hand, and when I take his, he continues towards the hallway. I hesitate, find my courage, and then follow him down the hallway. He turns around to look at me, his almost shoulder length hair rising and falling with the motion, his eyebrow raised, his eyes hopeful.
We reach the back door, and he silently pushes it open, pulling me through after him.
© Copyright 2010 xTobyx (xtobyx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668483-Midnight