*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668549-Lillith-chapter-4
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1668549
Clare explains to mike.
***Notes to reader
This is roughly the 4th chapter of a novel. Mike wells works for a top secret agency funded by the UN to hunt down and destroy the growing Vampire population. Vampires in this novel are born with the vampire gene which turns them when they finish puberty. The Vampire gene only effects the female population. *****

I had just turned 15 I was on my way home from school when he grabbed me, bundled me in his car I thought he was going to kill me, What he did was worse.
I was found unconscious a month after I was taken. By the time my Mother got to the hospital I was in a medically induced coma. The Doctor told her to say her goodbyes. I don't blame them I had 15 broken bones, a fractured skull, 2nd degree burns on my back." Mike's stomach felt like it was trying to digest itself as clare listed her injuries as though it had all happened to someone else. "It was the fact he had raped me that tore my mum apart."
"But you look perfect." Clare stood up turned her back pulling her hair back into a high ponytail with her hands. Mike gasped the skin on her neck was pukkerd and distorted lumps of scar tissue knitted together like some sick road map. If clare responded mike didn't see it she was sitting facing him again he hadn't even blinked.
"I'm sorry"
"What for?" Clare looked bemused
"For what you went through." Mikes voice was little more than a whisper.
"Don't be I'm not. I can't remember the event only the results of it.I was in the coma for a month. Thats when the dreams started Lillith told me everything. I feel for the poor girls who are like this from birth.You have no idea how horrific it is to have her in your head night after night showing you what you will become, ordering you to keep it hidden showing you what will happen if the humans find out before you change. Imagine it growing up Scared of your family, of her voice, of what you will become. and in my case how she was going to kill my son"
when I woke up I knew i was pregnant. Everyone wanted me to get rid of the baby couldn't understand why i said no. But I couldn't do it I was connected to him I could feel him, knew what he was thinking. It was David that saved me. If I hadn't of concieved him I would have died long before I was found."
"But How" Mike was beginning to feel like an idiot he could have found something better than that to say but his mind was trying not to believe any of it.
"David is a Vampire Mike. from the moment he was concived. He could feel everything that man did to me. Knew i was dying so he passed the gene to me to save us both"
Mike struggled for air "It's not possible. Your lying"
"I wish i was." clare dropped her head into her hands. Mike felt like he was drowning the air semed thick as it flowed down his windpipe.
"But the gene only effects women. men can carry it but it does nothing to them."
David appeared next to mike making him jump even though he looked like any other 6 year old in his superman pjamas rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"It is true.Mike I can show you" David took Mikes hand.
Images forced there way into Mikes head. he heard himself yelling as he saw through 15 year old clares eyes felt her terror and pain as she was raped then beaten like a animal. Mikes body thrashed as the skin on clares back shrivelled under the flame of a blowtorch. screamed as he felt her body been broken with a hammer. felt the pavement slam into her as she was thrown from the car like a ciggarette butt.
Then there was nothing except the feeling of time, davids time old too old. then a pull gentle from deep within his formless being. A girls face and the knowledge that she was right and it was time to exist again.
The Darkness changed he was warm the sounds of life a heartbeat. the feel of cells deviding and his soul taking ownership of them changing them slightly so he could be what he is supposed to be with form. he could hear his mother screaming, see what she saw taste her fear as if it was his own. He reached out with his mind watched his blood mix with hers sending with it the force he had been gifted centuries ago. healing her as she slept. Heard the voices outside, heard the one in his mothers head. he was more terrorfied of that voice than of the beast that had fathered this body.

"David what did you do to him?"
Mike lay on the floor unsure where he was anymore. sweat clung to his hair and shirt tears flowed down his face his breathing paniced and shallow.he heard himself moan.
"Mike.. Mike look at me"
Mike opened his eyes clare was leaning over him her eyes wide with concern. "Are you okay?" Mike nodded then wished he hadn't it hurt more than it should.
"What did you do" Clares voice shook with anger
"I'm sorry it hurt. When your mind doesn't like what it's seeing it fights. I had to force the memories in." David stared at the ground his botom lip trembling
he was trying not to cry.
"those are your memories?"
"Mine and the ones I took away from mummy. they made her cry."
"your one scary kid. you know" mike grinned the tension in the room melted with it.
"Your not angry with me?"
"Scared yes angry no."
"Sorry."
"It's ok kid." Mike looked at clare her eye's were on david she looked scared herself. she saw mike watching her the fear vanished instantly replaced by the look all mothers had when they dissaproved of something.
"Right mr time for you to stop scaring the guests. Back to bed and don't get up again." David didn't even try to argue with that look, he ran to his room "Sorry mummy"
"Can you get up?"
"yeah" Mike stood easily "I'd murder a coffee though"
"Sure" clare watched until mike was settled on the sofa before appearing in the kitchen. Neither spoke again until they were both finished.
"What did he show you?"
"Everything you told me and more." mike watched clares pale skin lighten a few more shades "You look scared"
"Not scared more concerned."
"why?"
"i just saw your reaction to memories i can never remember."
"he was right to take them from you."
"But he's a child he shouldn'l have memories like that. especially not his own."
"I don't know what to say.He's something special though. I don't think he would have taken them if he couldn't deal with it." Clare sighed looking tired once more.

"Why did you bring me here Clare?"
"I need your help."
"What kind of help?"
"I need you to protect him."
"No you don't your strong and you haven't changed yet. Your going to be." Mike searched for a differn't word he didn't want to like either of them they were both vampires but they hadn't killed him yet and he was pretty confident they wouldn't try."Spectacular" he settled with his original thought.
"No i'll be deadly..and worse still i'll be suseptable to lilliths influence. She want's David dead while he's still young. You know vampires.. you know the first kill is always the people closest to them. I've started to change I don't want David anywhere near me when it happens."
"But why does it have to be me?"
"You nearly caught lillith. You hurt her more than anyone ever has.In thousands of years no one has even got close to her.She had to drain a lot of life from her own people just to survive. If anyone can protect him you can."
"but you said he's a vampire."
"Yes but he is still a child he has powers but he won't be strong till he's an adult. Will you help?"
"i suppose i can take him back to HQ we have."
"NO your can't go back there. They know he is my son you work for the bastards you know what they will do."
Mike nodded Vampires were hated in his office they would be facinated with david but they would kill him eventually.
"What am I supposed to do then?"
"I don't know and I can't know. if you say yes I will be gone in the morning. I will be a full vampire in a week and Lillith will send for me I have to be as far from you as possible."
"Why are you so scared of her? You rival her now you will be stronger when you change."
"Maybe but i wont be able to touch her"
"What makes you so sure?"
"I'll show you while you sleep I promise it wont hurt." Clare stood and motioned towards one of the doors "So will you help?"
"Yes."



© Copyright 2010 Miss D Meanour (sassy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668549-Lillith-chapter-4