*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668901-Picture-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kay D
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1668901
the goal is to envision this and create your own ending picture.
It was a fastidious winter day. Their was a fresh coat of snow covering the ground. It was moderately chilly, but the Mc Evert family was not fascinated with the idea of winter, and snow. Callie was the youngest daughter of Thomas and Beth Mc Evert. Callie was also accompanied by an older brother who they liked to call Mikey.
Callie and Mikey were complete opposites. Typical teenagers, it seemed as though no matter how hard Tom and Beth attempted, they could never quite get the two to agree on anything. Arguing, and trying to prove each other wrong is what the siblings spent most of their home life doing.
Callie enjoyed hanging out with friends, and spending time at the nearest shopping mall. Callie’s looks mattered the most to her. She was always spending as much time as possible making sure she looked the absolute best she could. Mikey, the older brother, was into wrestling and shooting hoops. Mikey was the care free type, he realized at an early age that he wasn’t always going to be liked by everyone, and their was nothing he could do about that.
Thomas and Beth were your typical American family parents. Keeping their children on a good path, and out of trouble was their main objective. Thomas was an Insurent agent through American Family Insurance, while Beth was a unit secretary at the local hospital.
Christmas was right around the corner, and the middle class Mc Evert family had come to the conclusion that they wanted to spend some time together vacationing. Callie exclaimed, “We should go on a cruise to the Bahamas!”
While Mikey stated, “no way, I say we visit Washington D.C., we could see the white house.”
Mr. and Mrs. Evert exlaimed, “ the two of you better agree on something, or we will be spending the Christmas break here, along with the snow !” Callie and Mikey spent a lot of time talking about the whole situation and trying to convince each other to agree with the other person.
Finally, the two had come to an agreement. It seemed like it was the first time in both of the two’s existances that they had agreed on something! It was an exiting moment in time for the entire Mc Evert family. Callie and Mikey had took the responsibility of calling a family meeting.

Callie exitedly shouted, “ We are heading on an adventure to Florida!” Mikey wanted to take a ride through the everglades and check out the gaters and other intresting wild life, while Callie could not wait any longer to relax on the beach, tan, and skope out some nice looking men.
Thomas and Beth were extremely impressed, they never thought they would see the day that Callie and Mikey agreed on something. Not only did they agree on something, but also they put their minds together to come up with a vacation destination, and they had put together some very neat plants and even an itinerary.
Just like that, Christmas break had begun. Christmas had come, and gone. Everyone had some new shnazzy clothes, and there were still left overs, from the Holiday parties. The Mc Evert family had been so exited about their vacation, they packed up, and were eagerly awaiting the moment they had arrived in Florida!
The morning they left was quite hectic. Making sure things were going to be good when they returned back home, being very caucious about not leaving anything imporant back home, and also trying to keep the exitement levels down to a minimum.
They arrived at the air port, with perfect timing. They did all they needed to do, get their luggage weighed, checked, and okayed. Go through metal detectors, and everything else. In the blink of an eye they were on a plane, on their way to paradise. The plane ride was four hours long. Mom Mc Evert was entertained, reading magazines. Dad Mc Evert was enjoying his music. Callie was surfing the web on her lap top, and Mikey found himself to be quite board. He was looking out the window of the air plane, when he saw something quite extraordinary.
© Copyright 2010 Kay D (daviskay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668901-Picture-Story