*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668977-Silently-Screaming
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1668977
I once knew a young girl...
Most of my writing is about myself, including this piece.  However, I wrote this a little differently than I usually write.  Please let me know if I was able to write well this way, and include any suggestions you might have on improving it.

I once knew a young girl who was filled with hurt and anger. Everything she did and said to herself came from that part of her.  Her actions were self destructive and also hurt others.  She was loved by her family, but her hurt and anger kept that hidden from her. She had no love for herself.  She wandered around feeling alone. 

Her peers saw that she had no love for herself and treated her accordingly.  Whispering things here and there.  Hurting her with their words and their glances.  Her loneliness grew.

In desperation, she put herself in dangerous situations with dangerous people, hoping to find the love that was missing inside of her.  Instead, she found humiliation, rejection and abuse.  If by some chance she managed to find someone who truly cared about her, she would not feel worthy of their care and respect.  She would destroy things between them.  Far better to do that, than for them to figure out just how unworthy she really was.

She carried these feelings with her as she grew older.  They clouded her thinking, her actions, and her choices for most of her adult life. 

What would have happened if someone had taken the time to show her all the beauty that she possessed?  Would her life been filled with more happiness than pain if someone had taken the time to make her feel loved?  Or shown her the importance of having her own self worth?

What would I do or say to her if I could? 

I would hug her, and hug her and keep hugging her until she felt my love for her.  I would tell her that love was not about humiliation, and rejection, it is about respect and acceptance.  I would show her how much her family loved and cared for her.  I would go to her family and tell them to look at her, really look at her.  Look past her bad behavior, and look past her bad attitude.  See that she is hurting.  She is silently screaming for help.  GET HER HELP!
© Copyright 2010 Melissa Mashburn (melissam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668977-Silently-Screaming