*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669844-Mere-Coincidence
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1669844
Its a modified version of to be longer story, which I am writing.
4.9.2001

8.39pm - Somewhere in North Alabama

Wolves howls echoing through the woods. I am fleeing away from it. Running as fast as I can towards the mountains. Indeed it isn't very rational of me to run straight, since, out-running wolves, as everyone should know, is impossible. I could have made turns and try to confuse them, but that would only slow me down and exhaust me. No, I don't want to become an easy prey for them. I don't want to be devoured by them. Seriously, why am I thinking about these things? The first thing I need to do now is to survive and only then I can think about those kind of things.

3.10.2001

7.18am -  Atlanta

“Angeline, hurry up or you will be late!„ “Yes, I know mum!” Everyday, that sentence has to be the first one she says in the morning. I still have 17 minutes till the bus come, a lot of time to comb my hair, put on makeup, message all my classmates about today's test and ask for the answers if they know.

7.18am – Unknown

“Yes, the youth. Each of us possessed it. Those golden times. This is becoming serious, I am becoming more sentimental with each day passing by. Just if I knew the value of the youth. I apologize myself, ladies and gentlemen. I welcome you again. Now let me introduce  her. She is our spécialité of this month's event. She looks like a princess, don't you agree? Her attitude, outer look and movement looks  like one's. However before we start betting and our audition, let's see her everyday life to-”
“You can't be serious! We have spent 3 days already watching these broadcasts. Where is the entertainment, the fun?!”
“He surely is impatient, isn't he? Are you a newcomer to our club?”
“I -”
“Obviously you are. Since you are the only one, who is complaining. So please sit down and try to act more like the others. So thanks to our newcomer's impatience, we missed the shower scene. But now we will get to know her and see whether she is suitable favorite. Since the last month's favorite didn't last very long.”

7.35am – School Bus

I always make it on time for my bus, so why is mum always going crazy in the morning? Dad would never shout at me, on the other hand I would expect some harsh training as punishment if I was late for the school. I miss him since he got transferred to different state. Finally I found the girl I was looking for. Typical her - olive eyes with hint of mischief, short blond hair, no makeup, short-sleeved T-shirt saying “I ♥ cereals” and baggy pants. Even though she is hip hop girl, which means not so attractive and aggressive (more or less), when she wears a dress, every boy drools because of her.
“Hey Rachel. How was yesterday?”
“Fantastic, Angie. We went to a French restaurant and I was so nervous, I couldn't eat properly. It was so embarrassing when the piece of meat fell down here.” She point at her cleavage, which wasn't spacey, since she had C-cups. “When I tried to take it out as fast as possible, I kind of pushed down the dress. He saw everything! We, both, were so red. I could feel how my heart started to beat faster. After the embarrassing dinner, he drove me home. When we stopped at our house, I wanted to say goodbye.  His hand went under my chin, pulled me towards him. And we ...” I nodded, indicating she doesn't need to say the word.
“Officially, you guys are in relationship. Congratulation.” She nodded at me and blushed slightly. I could tell she was thinking about the kissing.
We didn't speak about anything else. I dozed off for the rest of the way, leaving her in the dream world of hers.

7.55am – Front of School

“Morning sweetie.” A boy appeared behind us and hugged Rachel, who when heard the voice, span around in the arms.
“Don't scare me like that.” She said and kissed him. I was standing in front of them for 3 minutes. First it was a casual kiss, then later on it graduated into French kiss, which, as I could see, Rachel was enjoying very much, even though it was her very first (where did she learn that?).
“Can you two stop being so lovey-dovey? Can't you keep it for after school, when I will not be around. Just you two alone?”
Both of them turned to me, Larry, the name of Rachel's boyfriend, whispered something to Rachel, who started giggling.
“Well then I will keep it for later. See you later in cafeteria, Rachel.”
“Ok, see you later.” Larry kissed her one more time and ran to his friends. She watched him with a dreamy face as he was walking away.
“Rachel.” She didn't respond “Rachel!” She didn't even move, her eyes and all other senses were stuck on Larry. Ohmygod, I never thought this could happen. My friend, who had never showed any sign of romance desires, was now obsessed with a boy. I pinched her cheek.
“Ouch, what are you doing?”
“Bringing your back, since all your senses were carried away by Larry. I am slightly worried about you.”
“Yes, mum I know. As I promised you I will not have sex with a boy until I know his inner self, even if it means a break up.” She said firmly, while looking straight into my eyes.
“Well not exactly what I wanted to say. Just be careful. Men are lustful beasts through their whole life and it's at its peak in puberty.”
Bell went off.
“We need to run or Mr.Lomain will mark us late and give me after school lesson on behaviour.”

3.00pm –  Front of School

On Wednesday after school I usually hang out with my friends and go shopping, but since Rachel  went out somewhere with Larry and others had their things, I guess I have to go home alone. However weather is so beautiful today, I think I will take the long-cut home. Through the park, lake then alley, which should take over hour and half.

3.15pm – Van

“Sir, we have spotter her. It's time to get the last equipment for entertainment.”
“Chloroform prepared.”
“Let's park ahead a bit. And do it as fast as possible.”

3.17pm – Park

Ah, such a pleasant wind. Although its October, it's still kind of hot. I see... I see an ice-cream shop! It's on the other side of road. Let's run over there.
I checked  both sides of road, no cars. Safe to go. No, a black van is coming. It's going to crash into me! I took 4 fast steps back on pavement in less than 2 seconds, glad I learned Taekwondo and Aikido from my dad. The car stopped just in front of me.
“Oh my God! What are you doing?! Are you sane?!”
Four men got down, circled around me. One grabbed my legs, one my arms, another holded my head and placed a wet blanket over my face, which made me feel dizzy, the last one was observing in case someone saw them. All of them seemed experienced . My sight went black.

Unknown – Unknown

“Where am I?” My head hurt like hell. It felt like it wanted to rupture.
“None of us know. All we know is that some men kidnapped us.” It was a girl's voice with Tennessee accent. I couldn't see properly anyone's face, since there wasn't enough light, although there was a window above us.
“Shhh, quiet down I can't hear anything.” A boy's voice, strong Florida accent.
“Well, that's because there is nothing to hear, bro.” Afro-American voice just like my friend from break dance lesson also with a Florida accent.
“May I ask for your names? My name's Angelina.”
“My name is Daniella.”The Tennessee girl.
“John.” The Florida boy.
“Tyson and , yes, I am black.” The Florida Afro-American boy.
“How long are you guys here?” I asked, since I need to get some idea about the time.
“I would say longer than 24 hours, since one day has passed. I had 3 meals and slept a lot.” Daniella told me.
“I and Tyson are here less than 12 hours, since we have had only 1 meal.”
“Yah.”

Why is Daniella here for the longest time, which is even double of John's and Tyson's. I can conclude this place may be far from Tennessee but not as far as from Atlanta or Tallahassee. I was taught these kind of calculations by my dad, although I never knew they would come handy. My headache has disappeared, for which I am very glad.

“Yes, I think they are all prepared.” All four of us turned our eyes towards the door, waiting for who is coming. The door opened, the lights on the corridor were on high power. All of us were blinded by the brightness.
“Welcome our honorable participants. I apologize for the harshness of our committee, since we have expect that you would rather ran away than fight for your lives–”
“Who are you? And what do you mean by fight for our lives?”
“I was just getting the second part. Forgive me for my rudeness. I have no name, but people, whom you shall entertain, know me as Joker.” He clapped his shoes together and bowed. He, does, look like a clown, but his eyes don't shown any sign of an innocent stupid comedian. Instead it shows signs of a cruel torturer, who enjoys others pain. He horrifies me. “You will be fighting for your lives today. Don't worry, we won't turn you against yourself. However you will be forbidden to help each other, but if you do, then some surprises will be released for all of you. Those who entertain us well will be released, which means you have to survive 7 hours until dawn.  Also I want to add, do not run towards the light, since that's were we, spectators, are and its also inaccessible. Good luck and I hope all of you survive.” The last line was sarcastic. Let's see what awaits us.

9.58pm – Outside Joker's Mansion

“Bravo team. We have located Russian mafia bosses in addition Triad and Yakuza bosses. It seems they are bringing out the kidnapped teenagers. Should we begin operation?”
“No hold it for a while longer. We need to know the in what conditions the kidnapped are.”
“Delta team. We have spotted the teenagers. Two females and two males. All are alright, no wounds.”
“Good, we are ready to begin.”
“Delta team. One of the the girl looks like your daughter, sir.”
“No, that's impossible. Send me an image of them.” The man look at the photo. As he saw all the faces, he stopped at Angelina's and swore “Frag them.”.
“To all teams, operation High Eagle is approved. All teams Attack!”

10.02pm – Inside mansion

This mansion itself is huge. It's so modern and so full of accommodation. It's like high-class hotel. All four of us weren't hand-cuffed anymore, but we were surrounded by 4 muscular men. It should be those who kidnapped me.
I heard a sharp sliding sound as if someone was using ropes, the Quartet also heard it, they took out their handguns. All of them were armed with Desert Eagle. Gun, strong enough to rip my arm off if shot into a joint, but with strong recoil, if not handled by experienced, can be dangerous to its user. Sound of broken glass and hissing. The corridor was stuffed with smoke. A sudden flash of light went out. Every one of us were blinded. I shouted “Lie down!” as fast as I could. Gun shots and shouts. All ended in less than 2 minutes. Suddenly someone grabbed me. “Are you alright?”
“Yes, at least I think I am.”
“Good, wait for a while. Paramedics are coming.” Paramedics? What actually happened? My vision started to clear up a bit. I saw 4 dead men, the Quartet. However where's Joker?
“ANGEL!” I heard a familiar voice. Dad? I turned around and a bear hug came upon me.
“Dad, what are you – ?”
“Don't talk, I will explain later all. Now we need to help those 3 and clean this place. Seems like Joker ran away, again.”
“Sir, here is the dose.” A man handled a syringe to my dad.
“Thank you.” He turned back to me. “I am sorry, see you later.” I felt a sting on my arm. Then I just collapsed pretty fast. Sleeping again.
© Copyright 2010 ShinSakuraNoMai (sakuranomai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669844-Mere-Coincidence