*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669855-Friday-madness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1669855
Humour and light, suitable for anyone who wants to read something chilled out.
        I keep bumping into this guy like a problem that's not about to go away. Well, thing is the first time I saw him was during induction and quite frankly he didn't strike me. I mean yes he was goodlooking but whatever, I had not given him another shot? Does that happen to you, when you think three months ago this guy didn't appeal to you and now he does? When did that take place? And when it did where the hell was I looking? So 'marine guy' (the name I have given him due to his clean, cut marine look) can't help looking fresh everytime I bump into him and ofcourse trust me to be the shabby one on almost all the bumping into him scenarios. I went to boots and I saw him, I was about to turn away but I caught his eye and so I couldn't pretend that I hadn't seen him. He was with a girl who by the way, shockingly looks like me...well not quite but almost. Anyhow i tried not to bump into him and 'my look alike' the whole time I was shopping and yes, ofcourse I ended up buying items that I hadn't needed like heel pads and socks.

        After my un called for bump into mr. marine guy, I decided to avoid him at all costs possible. But then I asked myself that if I don't find this guy attractive why am I hiding away from him? Ofcourse I told myself what any normal person in my situation would tell themselves,'what a loser i am!!'  So I sat down to get to the bottom of this maze, do I like him? forgive me for believing in butterflies but he doesn't give me butterflies. How could I possibly like him if one of my deciding factors are not flying all up in my stomach? Friday, wake up feeling nice and I have to admit I was looking pretty smart that day but I had not planned to see mr.marine guy that day.well reasons are we are not friends who call or text eachother. I know you are asking yourself how do we know eachother? Or do we even eachother's numbers? well yes we do have eachothers' numbers...total disbelief, why they have never been used oh as a matter of fact he once put my number to use. He texted me to ask me the name of the currency of the money in my country. I guess that counts as official ise of my mobile number.

      The post office is always busy so I usually get in and buy the envelopes then head outside where i sit and write without the hassle inside the post. Looking up I see mr. marine guy all looking fresh. That's when I realised I might  him. He was printing pictures, wearing a nice t-shirt, looking relaxed and probably smelling nice. well you can not look that nice and smell bad, that's just not allowed. I kept looking hoping that when he is done he won't notice my eyes afixed on him. I think he almost got me looking but I was to first, I thrashed the card in the envelope and sealed it and totally forgot to write inside it. How ridiculous am I? Only I can be trusted to do something like that. Well all my efforts did not go to waste, he waved and said 'hi' and ofcourse I pulled out my most calm 'hi' back and smiled at my foolishness. Well am glad I can smile at that every time I remember what hapened, it is kind of a relief that I am used to such happenings by now. Now I can only wait to see if anything with mr. marine guy will happen because I have never been the kind who makes the move. Call me a coward but I would rather excuse myself with conservatism.........
© Copyright 2010 pastry sweetness (pastry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669855-Friday-madness