*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670641-Love-And-Hurt
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Drama · #1670641
This is the first scene from my first attempt at a screen play called Love Hurts.
INT.living room - night

Marlon and a younger skimpily dressed girl are sitting on the sofa in his modernly furnished living room, they are both giggling and taking it in turns to snort thick lines of cocaine from a mirror which the girl is holding.

girl

You know, I used to think you were a tosser but it's been a good night. I'm glad I came round


Marlon scoffs

MARLON

Well cheers! Nice of you to say but it wouldn't be like you to turn down free drugs now would it?

GIRL

What are you implying? that I'm some sort of free loader!

MARLON

Well your not here for for my intellectual conversation are you? I might have been born at night but I wasn't born last night!


The girl laughs playfully and takes a large gulp of her red wine.

EXT.outside - night

A large ringed fist knocks hard on the flat door, causing it to rattle in it's hinges.

INT.LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Marlon looks at his chunky silver watch

MARLON

Who could be calling at this time of night? It's a bit late for Jehovah's isn't it!

GIRL

With your track record you'd better hope it is do gooders and not a swat team.

Marlon pulls the girls leg from his lap and gets up looking aggravated.

MARLON

Come on then you lazy cow, hide that gear, If that is the pigs at the door it's going to be like a winter wonderland in here with all that snow lying about. And get your panties off, because when I come back I am going to fuck the arse off you

GIRL

OOOh you charmer.

Marlon leaves the room.

GIRL

Prick! (under her breath)

His foot steps can be heard going down stairs.

The girl rushes over to the glass coffee table and rummages through her handbag. She pulls out a small trinket box, clips opens the lid and using a bank card scoops up copious amounts of cocaine from Marlon's stash into her box. Once she is satisfied she has enough she closes the lid and stuffs it back onto her handbag.

Their is an almighty crash downstairs and male screams, the girl, in a state of shock runs out the room to inspect all the commotion.

MARLON

Ahhh fuck, Don't do this!

There is a huge man in the doorway where the door used to be. The door has been kicked off it's hinges and is lying on top of Marlon who is on his back trying to wriggle free.

The big bald headed man looks down at him mercifully and effortlessly pulls the door aside like he's pulling back sheets on a bed. Marlon curls up in a defensive position.

MARLON

Please don't do this. I don't have it just yet. Just give me another week.

Jake glares at Marlon, unaffected by his begging, as if he's heard it all many times before.

Jake

You buy Cocaine from Frank Boyd on tic then he expects you to keep your end of the bargain. Time is a privilege you no longer have. Not without pain first. Lots of immense pain.

MARLON

Aww please, no, fuuuck

Jake grabs Marlon by the leg and drags him up the entry stairs like a piece of meat. He shows no physical strain and has a cold expression on his granite like face.

INT. Living room - NIGHT


The girl is circling round the living room in a state of confusion and panic.

the girl

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh shit

Jake drags Marlon into the living room, Marlon has stopped struggling now and is cradling his head which is in pain from bashing off the steps on the way up.

Jake clocks the girl and stops in his tracks.

THE GIRL

I was just erm..

JAKE

Leaving, you were just leaving.

THE GIRL

Erm yea I was

The girl picks up her shoes and hand bag and scurries towards the door.

Jake holds out his big gold ringed hand signaling her to stop.

JAKE

Wait!

The girl turns around sheepishly

Jake

I know you don't I? Your Steve Roberts young lass aren't you? Christine Roberts?

GIRL

She nods her head.

Jake

Me and your Dad go back a long way. Tell him Jake sends his regards.

CHRISTINE

I will, just please promise one thing.

Christine points down to the floor at Marlon who is now a quivering mess.

Promise me you won't knock him up to bad. He's just a bit of a scumbag. Harmless enough really.

Jake sighs and shakes his head

JOCK

I'm afraid I can't promise you that lass. He's brought this on himself. He's fucked around the wrong people and now he owes me blood.

Christine nods her head and looks down sadly at Marlon before turning towards the door.

JOCK

Oh and Christine,

She looks back round at Jake.

JAKE

Have some self respect, put some clothes on.

Christine nods again and walks out the front door, closing it behind her.

Jake slaps his hands together in a ok, lets get started fashion.

JAKE

Right! First things first. You got any grub in here? I'm starving.

Freeze frame of Jake and cut to opening titles.

int. marlon's living room - night

Marlon now masking taped to a chair with his hands bound behind him. He has tape over his mouth and is sweating profusely.

Jake approaches him carrying a breakfast bowl and a spoon. He grabs a chair places it in front of Marlon and sits down.

JAKE

Microwaved porridge. It really is no substitute for the real thing is is it?

Jake takes a last mouthful, twists round and puts the empty bowl on the coffee table beside Marlon's coke.

JAKE

Drugs are for mugs you know that don't you? Well I hope it's been worth it.

Jake reaches under his coat and pulls an 11 inch Army utility knife from it's sheath attached to his belt.

Marlon starts rocking in his chair and and groaning in realization of just how real it is all becoming.

Jake leans forward and holds the knife half an inch from his Adam's apple. Marlon closes his eyes and is shaking uncontrollably.

JAKE

That girl that just left was only fifteen years old. You like them ripe do you?

Marlon shakes head vigorously.

Jake looses his cool.

JAKE

You like little girls do you?

Jake traces a line with the knife from Marlon's throat down to his chest and hovers right above his groin.

JAKE

A coke snorting kiddie fiddler. Not exactly a pillar of the community now are you?

Jake quickly springs forward and cuts one of Marlon's hands loose from behind the chair. He pulls the coffee table over in between them, slams his hand down on it and holds it in place.

Marlon screams are muted and muffled under the masking tape. Jake saws away at Marlon's middle finger.

He screams louder.

Once the finger is completely removed Jake holds it up in front of his face and admires his handy work.

JAKE

It'll be the last time you ever me your middle finger son.

Jake bawls with laughter.

Marlon's stopped screaming but his face is completely white and looks as though he's about to pass out.

Jake stands up and goes over to Marlon. He cuts his other hand free and slashes through the tape which is holding him in place. He rips the tape from his mouth and lifts him up onto his feet. Marlon cradles his bloody hand into his chest. Jake sits him down on the sofa.

He wipes his bloody knife with a handkerchief and inserts it back into the sheath on side of his belt. He reaches into his trench coat pocket and pulls out a clear plastic sandwich bag.

JAKE

Ok. I now believe your payment has doubled giving us an outstanding balance of emmm four grand I believe.

He holds out Marlon's severed finger.

JAKE

One week. One week from tomorrow is all you have. I hope for your sake that we never meet again in a business related situation.

He drops the finger into a the sandwich bag and stuffs it into his pocket.

JOCK

Right, that'll be all.

He holds out the palm of his hand.

Jake (in a mockingly polite tone)

Oh no don't don't get up I'll let myself out.

Jake walks out leaving Marlon quivering and bubbling away to himself on the sofa.
© Copyright 2010 swebat82 (scotishprince at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670641-Love-And-Hurt