*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670832-I-Want-to-Be-with-You
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1670832
a story of a high school girl's infatuation
I stood awkwardly and crossed my arms over my chest, watching the boys line up to throw their javelins. A group of freshman boys looked my way and started whispering to each other. I pretended not to notice, but faked an absent-minded glance to get a good look at the boys javelin team. To be honest, they looked more like a motley crew than an organized group. The only real athlete there was James. He stood far out in the field coaching the younger and newer ones. I smiled as my eyes swept over the features of his beautiful, black, smiling face. The rest of his body isn’t too bad to look at either, I thought.

         “Last throws guys!” he yelled across the field. The group of nerdy, fat, and ugly boys attempted to throw their best. James struggled not to laugh at the results. I looked towards the toe board, and noticed a confused freshman trying to roll up the measuring tape. I walked over, and smiled at him. “Need some help?” I asked sweetly.

         He just nodded, looking awkward.

         “I swear all of Coach Stammons’s equipment is difficult on purpose,” I joked with him. He let out a nervous laugh. “The trick is to put your finger in the space here,’ I showed him on the wheel of tape, “It makes everything go in much smoother.”

         I heard a junior let out a hysterical laugh behind me. “Gosh D, I’ve never heard anyone sound so sexual talking about javelin throwing. You’re making the kid blush.”

         I laughed, and realized the poor freshman boy was looking at the ground and blushing. Oops.

         “Sorry Dave, you sluts are starting to rub off on me,” I joked with the junior.

         “”Hey Slut, I think it’s the other way around,” James shouted from behind me. “What are you doing here anyway?”

         “Aw, well I wanted to throw with you guys, but I guess I came a few minutes late. It’s all good.”

         “Dayum baby. I would have loved to help you out with your throwing.”          

         “Haha, I’m sure you would.”

         “Yeah, James is a bit of a hands-on teacher if you know what I mean.” Dave chuckled and winked at me. I could feel the blood start to rush to my face. I was always so confident except when it came to him. I thought back to the day he used his “hands-on teaching” methods on me.

         He guided my throwing arm into proper throwing position. He ran his arm along mine, and I felt his chest pressed up against my back. He turned his head  so that he could whisper in my ear. I felt his warm breath on my cheek. “Now, we’re gonna throw this one together. Are you ready.” I couldn’t speak, so I just nodded. He guided my body into arching my back, and releasing the javelin high into the air. It went surprisingly far for a standing throw. “See, I knew you had in you, little hottie.” He whispered in my ear once again. He let me go and walked around to face me. He slid his fingertips down the side of my face, and stopped at my lips. He touched the corners and said. “Smile. You look so much prettier that way.” I felt the blood rush to my face, as I blushed.

         “Alright, let’s keep going.” he moved back into his previous position. “before we retrieve, I want to practice your form. “It’s all in the hips and abs.” He gently rested his hand just below my chest. “You’re gonna use these muscles here. And make sure your hips are aligned correctly.” he moved his hands to my hips and twisted my body into a more perfect position. My whole body trembled at the feel of his breath on my cheek, and his closeness. “Oh, baby are you cold.?” He took off his long sleeve shirt, and gave it to me without waiting for an answer. I tried not to gawk at his developed ab muscles. I slipped the shirt over my head. It smelled like him. “We should stop for today, then.” He ran out and grabbed the javelin, and we drove back to school.

         He grabbed the tape measure from me, and placed his hand where it had been. The stark contrast between our skin colors was overwhelming. His dark chocolate complexion looked especially beautiful next to my extremely pale one. “Your skin is so white, it’s see-through. Do you ever go out in the sun?”

         “I pretty much live in the sun. I’m just so pale.” I said quietly.

         “Well, I like the pale. It’s part of how hott you are.” I remembered what a terrible flirt he was. Dave broke up the moment by coughing obnoxiously. “Do you want a ride back with us?” James asked nicely.

         “You bet.”

         Some of the freshmen piled into both Dave’s and James’s cars. Dave started to move his track bag to make space for me. When James noticed he told Dave, “Dude, what are doing?” Dave gave him a confused look. “The hot girl always rides in my car.”          

         I smiled. I knew at heart that he didn’t really care about me. He was notorious as the biggest flirt in school. Also, he was a senior and the most popular guy. Not to mention the best to look at. I was two years younger than him.

         Marcus, the freshman phenom, smoothly slid into the front seat next to James, so I opened the back door, and started to sit down.

         James slapped Marcus across the back of the head. “What the hell are you doin’, man?” he asked rudely.

         “Sitting?” Marcus looked bewildered.

         “Dude, you know I got rules for my car. Come on.” he kept looking at Marcus.

         Marcus had a puzzled look on his face, then realized what James was talking about. “Oh. Hot girls always get the front seat,”

         “But?” James said it as though he was waiting for a continuation.

         “If there’s ever an ugly chick, or even an average one, make her take the back.”

         “You would be correct.” James said to Marcus. Marcus looked pleased with himself until James said, “so that means you have to move.” Marcus grudgingly took his stuff and switched places with me.

         James smiled at me, as I clicked my seatbelt and said, “I’m so sorry about that, darling.” I swear I felt my heart stop for a moment. He was truly hazardous to my health. “Alright let’s go.” He stomped down on the gas pedal, and the car accelerated at a scary pace. I gasped, making him laugh.

         “Aw, did I scare you?” It sort of annoyed me that he spoke down to me, but I was so infatuated that it didn’t seem to matter. “Get a little closer.” He left one hand on the wheel, and used the other one to wrap around my shoulders and pull me closer to him. I settled into his chest, and felt so warm and comfortable. It was easy to pretend we could actually stay the way. I wanted so badly to be with him.



© Copyright 2010 addicted2running (vampet4life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670832-I-Want-to-Be-with-You