*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671773-SINCE-YOUVE-BEEN-GONE
Rated: E · Poetry · Teen · #1671773
This poem was inspired when my son got locked up at the age of seventeen.
                                                                        SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE



Since you've been gone, my world has fallen apart, I can't begin to express the sadness in my heart.



Since you've been gone, my sunshine has turned to rain, there are no words to describe this kind of pain.



Since you've been gone, my worlds been turned upside down. And nothing nor no one can turn it around.



Since you've been gone, my days and nights are filled with fear, for the only comfort I have is that of my tears.



But, one day soon you'll be set free, free from that penitentiary, I will smile so happily!



No more lonely nights without you by my side, no more tears I try so hard to hide.



Since you've been gone, I've learned what really matters. You, me, our family, and all the sometimes senseless chatter.



Since you've been gone, you've shown me how much I love and adore you. And I can't wait till you walk through the door and we hug like we used to.



I love you son & we'll be together again, and nothing will stop us, not even the end.



By: Brenda L Stelljes
© Copyright 2010 Serenity (brenda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671773-SINCE-YOUVE-BEEN-GONE