*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672369-Cancer-Girl
by RayRay
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1672369
This is a shortened story of my struggle with Cancer.
Cancer is one of the most feared topics anyone can bring up. {Well next to death.}

Just ask any cancer survivor. Like me.



When the words "You have cancer" came out of my doctors mouth it felt like a ton of bricks pelted me in the face. The emotions racing through my body clashed with the horrible and confused thoughts pounding in my head. The first thing that came out of my dry, Trembling mouth were "am I going to die?" She explained to my family and I that it was very treatable and that i would have to go through inensive treatment: in other words i would have to go through complete hell.



The chemotherapy made me sick all the time. It was like having the flu x10 all the time. Everybody tryed to cheer me up but my body was so worn down the only thing I wanted to do was rest. My blood counts were low all the time whick\h made me very dizzy, weak and fatiuged. The radiation I went through made my hand unusable for weeks on end. Even the radiation made me sick {radiation poisoning}.



After 9 long and agonizing months I decided to stop treatment early. {May i remind you that stopping treatment is very rare and dangerous to do. But my faith in God made me forget the gamble I was making.} But the treatment was taking a toll on my mind body and emotions. I hadnt been to school all year and the only friends i had were the nurses i met and of course all of my hair was gone.



When the treatment stopped i thought everything would go back to normal but i was painfully wrong. Every three months i have to go get scans and blood draws. My parents were in a mountain of debt and to top everything off iI had to face nasty rumors upon my arrival back at school.



Even though I am done with cancer i still have the mortifying scars that bring me back memories I would just rather forget. Now all I will be forever known as is.....Cancer Girl.
© Copyright 2010 RayRay (jbforever2177 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672369-Cancer-Girl