*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672784-No-Title-Yet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Emily
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1672784
This is about two girls who have a class project...This is only chapter 1. (Long enough??)
SCHOOL
Juliette looked up to her ceiling fan and prayed that there wouldn’t be a snow day. As she shifted her gaze to the full length mirror on her bedroom wall she remembered why. Her chocolate-brown hair gleamed like a spit-shined leather shoe. Her deep blue eyes looked like the ocean and her outfit was amazing, as usual!
Juliette wore a pair of black leggings, an extra-long-on-purpose t-shirt, a grey pea coat and a pair of grey suede ankle boots. A pair of peacock feather earrings added a much-needed splash of colour to the outfit and her white sequin beret was perfect for warmth without hat-hair. Even in the below 0 weather, she looked h-o-t HOT!
Walking down the stairs, she could hear a car honking in the driveway or rather a limo. Late again! Juliette started running as fast as one could in 2-inch heels. When she passed the glass double doors that led to the kitchen, she sped up; her parents were in there! She really hoped they couldn’t hear her heels click on the oak floors of their mansion.
Once Juliette made it past the kitchen, ran out the doors and into the heavy snowfall, she saw her driver waiting impatiently inside the warm limo. She picked up her pace; the sooner she got to the warmth the better! As Juliette opened the door of the family’s white (at her choice) limo let out a wonderful gust of hot air into the minus ten degree weather, heating up her smooth, poreless face.
“Hello, Juliette, nice of you to come out,” he said sarcastically.
“Yep, let’s go! If I’m late one more time, I’m going to get a detention!”
As they pulled up to the private school’s parking lot, Juliette saw her best friend in the whole world, Ariel Reid. Juliette thought Ariel even looked a little bit like the Little Mermaid with her striking red hair and her sharp and perky features. She and Ariel had been friends since Junior Kindergarten when they were the only two kindergarteners wearing designer clothes. If they were a teeny bit more alike, they’d be sisters.
“Hey!! Juliette! Over here!” Ariel waved frantically as soon as she saw Juliette.
“I’m coming! Thanks, William.” Juliette walked over to where her friend stood, “Hey, how are you?”
“Not bad. How are you? Wait!! Oh, my God! Did you watch that new show last night? What was it called…oh yeah! How to Make Over a Nerd! It was awesome!”
“No, I didn’t see it. I’ve heard it’s really good, though.”
“It is and you know that project we have to do? The one where we have to make up a business? I was thinking we could do something like that.”
“Oh em gee! That’s completely perfect! Good idea, Air!”
Rrrriiinnngg!!
“There’s the bell, come on Juliette.”
“Hey, guys! What’s up? How are you? Me, I’m great. Yep. Just perfect. Last night I-oh, never mind. Anyway, so, what’s up?” Lately, there was this annoying new girl from Saskatchewan, named Allie, who was trying to be the third best friend in Juliette and Ariel’s ‘clique’. The thing she didn’t understand was that Juliette and Ariel have been besties since JK and have never let anyone else be friends with them. Sure, they had other friends outside of school but no one else was invited to see movies and things with them. Obviously ‘SaskaGirl’ had a lot to learn!
As Juliette and Ariel walked into the school, Allie trailed behind asking questions like, “How was your guys’ weekend?” and, “do you guys have plans for tonight?”
Finally, Juliette turned on the heels of her suede boots and said, “Okay, you know what, Allie? You need to go away. You need to leave us alone and, you need to get a haircut because yours STINKS!” She and Ariel walked away snickering and laughing. Juliette secretly wondered if she was being too harsh. Even of she was it didn’t matter. Ariel and other bystanders were laughing hysterically at her jab and Allie was finally going to leave them alone and accept that she’d never be cool. And that was the important thing…
Right?

“Okay, class, just a recap, I want you to come up with a business with your partner. It can be anything that’s appropriate! Understand?
“Yes Miss Mill,” replied Juliette’s class. Ariel looked over to Juliette and Juliette winked. Ariel whipped out her iPhone and texted Juliette, “So, R we gonna do Mkng ovr a nrd???”
“Fr sure. Wht n EZ idea!”
“Juliette, could you please explain this project to your class?” said Miss Mill.
“Uh, I guess I, um…sure,” an idea crossed Juliette’s mind, “Fellow students and Miss Mill, I am here today so that I can tell you about this assignment. Today, children, we are faced with a question, uh, and that question is; what makes a good business? Well, does anyone know?” Several hands shot up in an effort to impress Juliette, including Allie’s. “Yes? Allie, do you know?”
“Actually, Juliette, I do. It takes good advertisements, a positive attitude and a good idea.”
“Yes, that’s right, Allie. So, children of room twenty-five, we are asking you to give us a taste of what makes a good business and show it off with your own business. Thank you for your time.” Juliette walked back to her seat and gave Ariel a wink. She returned it with a thumbs-up and a smile. She nailed it!
Juliette gave Miss Mill a sweet smile that said that’s the last time you mess with me! With a hint of DUH!! Miss Mill returned it with a devious I still have the power to give you detention smirk.
After class Juliette met up with Ariel and they walked to the cafeteria together. When they walked in, it was like being hit in the face with a punch. But instead of a big, fat fist, it was a room full of geeks.
“Ugh! Welcome to Dorkville! Population: this cafeteria. I swear, more people turn to them every day!” Juliette said.
“I know! It’s the worst!” Ariel agreed. “Hey, who’s that?” Ariel was referring to the brand new girl at their school. Although she wore pocket protectors, round glasses, floods and desperately needed braces, she was actually kind of pretty. She had long blond hair and it was glossy and bright (but it did need to be washed). She also had bright green eyes; as bright as an emerald. They sparkled the same way too.
“Oh, that’s Amelia. She just moved here from Nashville, Texas. Hmmm…”
“What? What’s your idea? Come on, Jules tell me! Please?”
“Well…I think we have our first contestant on Extreme Makeover: Geek Edition!”
Ariel clapped her hands together and jumped up and down. “Yay!” she squealed.
© Copyright 2010 Emily (emjayy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672784-No-Title-Yet