*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672991-The-Carpe-Ominous-Series-Larik
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1672991
MANKIND IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING WIPED OUT FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH ........
Larik had been awaken from a deep meditative slumber by excruciating pains in his chest. He sat straight up covered in icy sweat the room was dark and silent but this silence did not last. He ripped open the night shirt he was wearing to discover the book eating its way out of his body through his breast plate. The type of pain he was experiencing was beyond any definitions given by Websters. Tentacles with microscopic sticky barbs tore through his flesh like paper. Gripped by the unknown he fell back onto the bed hands glistening as he grabbed the bedding. The book burst through his chest causing a spray of black blood to shower forth like an erupting volcano. Once the book was free it became flesh eyes formed on each corner of the book while six finger like appendages grew allowing it to skitter about on its on. Larik was badly injured the venom from the book was rapidly coursing its way through him. He tried to scream to call out for his kinsmen to come to his aide but no sound was heard. The book crawled up the wall when it was in the spot it sought the pages flew open violently as if being turned by unseen hands. The pages were epithelial cells (translated dead skin) the pages stopped flickering half way through then a black light appeared from it's center casting it's shadows along the walls and ceiling like a film projector. The words on the page turned to blood then burst into flames. It showed him the life of a young girl who lost her mother under questionable circumstances leaving the five year old in the sole custody of her father a well renown obstetrical geneticist who found a way around the ban on stem cell research.

Losing his wife had caused him to become unbalanced (that's putting it mildly) when he looked at his daughter he saw his wife and a way of possibly bringing her back but to do this he had to do the unthinkable. He began to systematically rape his young child telling her "This is how all daddy's loved their daughters." but he would only do this during certain phases of the moon. He was very adept in his knowledge of the occult, he knew about the book and what it would take to harness its power; everything that he did was a precursor for what was to come. When not abusing her mind and body he fed her the remains of aborted fetuses ground up into various tasty dishes...sweet bread puddings, truffles and mince pies.

It was his belief that she would absorb the life force and become impervious to disease with the aid of black market drugs he acquired through very powerful friends seeking immortality (rumored to be alien DNA) but in all of his madness he hadn't banked on her becoming a soulless predator who killed those that fit the genetic profile to sate her hunger for human flesh. She was now in her early teens and had most recently gotten her period this is what her father had been waiting for. He would use her to become a vessel for bringing her mother back to life. The girl had been home schooled and didn't have much contact with the world outside of her fathers gilded cage but when she'd reached estrus she became defiant and refused his advances nearly killing him in the process before running wild like an animal. She had become a lethal weapon yet she did not know why she had the desire for human flesh. The girl was last seen at a shopping mall where the body of a woman reported to have been eight months pregnant had been found near the dumpsters behind Baby R Us. There were jagged tears in the victims womb crude like a sharp rock or car keys. The entire contents were missing, placenta, umbilical cord and the child.

The girl had taken the child quickly as to breathe in its first and only breath and as she devoured that child she howled like a dying animal for she did not want to do this but couldn't help herself. The black light faded then the animated book resumed its place inside of Larik's chest deeply embedded between his two beating hearts. He placed his hand to his chest the blood was gone even his night shirt showed no signs of damage for a moment he pondered whether or not what he saw was just a nightmare until the girls name showed up on his left fore arm like a tattoo D'ANDRA the clock was ticking he had to find this girl before she could be used as a weapon against their cause.

{Written by Andie Peck for The Carpe Ominous Series}
© Copyright 2010 TheCarpeOminous (catherineiris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672991-The-Carpe-Ominous-Series-Larik