*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673018-Whats-on-your-mind
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1673018
being stuck in class, there is only one way to keep occupied. Day dream!
I sit in class, day after day, wondering if he will ever notice me. *(He always seems to be on my mind and in my dreams.)* The teacher starts to talk and my attention is diverted. No matter how hard I try he always seems to distract me, or I distract myself with him; either way it’s distracting! and my train of thought has pulled out of the station. I look his way and I start to fade. Day dreaming again. Oh! And it’s so lovely; until I realize it will never be. He takes my hand and looks me in the eyes; I feel weak in the knees staring into his calm, passionate eyes, as vibrant as the sun and as deep and dark as a chocolate river. No word need be spoken. He leads me off. I find us in the middle of a wood; walking along a path that isn’t there, knowing exactly where we are going as if we’ve been there before. It’s dark and cold! Trees all around. And it’s funny because I have never felt more safe than now. A light shines from ahead and we walk toward it. He’s holding my hand and it feels like the suns heat on a bright warm day. The light gets closer and the chill from my neck vanishes like a shadow in the light. There’s an opening; a meadow where the sun is shining down. I know it’s strange, since I’ve never been here before, but I remember it! The grassy field swaying in a slight, warm, summer breeze. The sun above warming my face. By my side, there he stands still holding tightly onto my hand as if to never let go. Perhaps a dream! That’s where I’ve seen it before. There are no words to describe it; perfect doesn’t begin to cover the feeling of this moment. Like a whip being cracked he pulls me to his chest, looking down into my eyes as though he were looking into my soul! His hand reaches for my face; it’s so warm on my skin. His face comes closer to mine, his hand, becoming like part of my cheek, tilts my head, ever so gently, back slightly. I can feel his cool breath on my lips. He moves closer still. My heart is pounding; beating faster than a horse race. My ears are filled with the sound of my own heart beating. Again he moves closer; my eyes shut, my breathing stops and his lips touch mine. I hear a bell ringing and I’m dumbfounded.
Then my best friend gives me a shove and says “Come on. We have to go to our next class.”
© Copyright 2010 Manderss (unusal_blonde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673018-Whats-on-your-mind