*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673033-Barcelona-Spain
Rated: E · Essay · Travel · #1673033
A brief narrative of the Spanish city of Barcelona
                                              Barcelona, a Charming Walk through History


To walk in Barcelona is to walk in time.  Barcelona has the ability to jump at once through many centuries within short distances and often upon the same spot. The Medieval meets the Roman and the Modernistic and Art Nouveau elbows with the XXI Century.
The city of time continuum accommodates tourists and visitors with charm, elegance and merchant ingenuity that has made Barcelona the richest city in Spain.
A friendly dragon of many heads Barcelona rears one head to the Montjuic Acropolis of Museums, Gardens and the Olympic stadiums. On one side it overlooks the Mediterranean and the other side it looks at the metropolitan sprawl.
The other head watches over a magic fountain of dancing waters and the esplanade of convention centers and exhibit halls leading to Plaza de Espana and the Bullring though two Venetian towers.
Another head yet protects the treasures of history from Roman to Medieval times in the Gothic District and the pleasant strolling mall of the Ramblas.
A proud and elegant dragon head smiles over the works of Gaudi like the Sagrada Familia church and Modernistic mansions around the Eixample District.
The two last dragon heads face each other; one perched atop of Tibidabo Mountain and the other at Barceloneta beach area and old port.
This is all part of a city with great transportation, a variety of restaurant and tapa places for all tastes, entertainment for young and old and unforgettable sights and sounds.
Barcelona is Spain and yet it rings with a culture older than Spain.

© Copyright 2010 RobertoM (robertom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673033-Barcelona-Spain