*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673351-Tumbling-Fools
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1673351
Two Faeries in a forbidden love meddle in human affairs
      Her soul heard far off strains of acoustic guitar music while she languorously stretched upon her bed of daylilies.  She peeked out, looking for her faerie lover, knowing he cannot be too far away.  She remained hidden among the leaves.  She did not want to to be tricked into springing forward into a trap set by Titania or Oberon.

         She saw in the distance what appeared to be a spicebush swallowtail flitting its way over the meadow towards the sunset-hued flowers above her head.  The wings are black and white with spots of orange and blue.  As the figure gets closer, she perceived that the wings were attached to a faerie with chiseled features from head to toe.  Her heart could take no more as she burst from her hiding place.  She captured him unawares in an embrace that sent them both tumbling through the air.  She licked the strong jaw line up to his tousled brown hair while running her fingers over his nicely defined hips.  His eyes seemed to pierce her to the depths of her soul.

         He thought he had heard the sound of pen on paper and brush on canvas in his heart as he neared the daylilies.  He should have known she would be hiding there.  He tumbled with her, kissing her with wild abandon and held her tight.  Any human would see a spicebush swallowtail and a female chiracahua white tumbling in the air as though they were battling for territory. 

         He was not concerned about that now as he holds her in his arms, looking at these beautiful black wings with spots in shades of yellow, orange and red.  The Irish strength crossed with faerie pixie-ness that must be in her background had given her height that mirrored his.  He admired this mix as his hands roamed her curves before becoming tangled in her long wavy hair with hints of blonde and red.  He was already lost in her brown eyes that were flashing green because she was in a mischievous mood, Puck be damned!

         He flashed an ornery grin at her, grasped her hand and flew for the moss bed under the large leaves of the foxglove.  No humans, animals, or other faeries should disturb them under there for a bit of time.  She let out a delighted sound and allowed him to lead the way.

         As the sun dipped toward the horizon, the two emerged from the foxglove with flushed cheeks and mussed hair.  They were both giggling like fools as they flitted across the field to a nearby park.  They lit on a nearby butterfly bush, cloaking their appearance so they looked like butterflies to the humans.

         She noticed a young woman concentrating on writing in a book, oblivious to the life flowing around her.  She sensed the emptiness and loneliness in the woman’s heart.  A tear slid down the faerie’s face as she wrapped her arms around her knees.

         He was focused on a young man, who is feverishly reworking a piece of music with a guitar.  This man, too, had blocked out the world.  The faerie perceived that the young man felt himself unworthy of love until he writes the perfect song.  Tears streamed down the faerie’s cheeks as he leans his head on his lover’s knees.

         The faeries looked into each other’s eyes.  Without having to speak, they nodded.  She flitted to the woman and he flew over to the man.  They touched the human’s shoulders in unison and the two looked up startled and peered around.  The young man made eye contact with the woman, grinned, but refocused on his guitar.  The young woman, however gathered her things, walked across the park and perched on the bench beside the man.  She acted first and struck up a conversation.  The faeries had been hovering with wings aflutter and were ecstatic when it seemed that the couple appeared to be connecting.

         The faeries winged back to her hiding place among the daylilies, shared a triumphant kiss and a long hug that neither wanted to break before he traveled off in the direction of his home.  A wren hopped along the branches above them as they thought they had once again gotten away with a secluded tryst without Titania and Oberon discovering.

         The wren changed into Titania, who shook her head.  She thought, "Oberon is going to be furious when he learns that my little one stole this pretty little faerie boy away from him right under his nose!  Plus what am I going to do with her?  I cannot keep her under wing and controlled, such an impish diminutive one.”
© Copyright 2010 RavenHawk (rvnhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673351-Tumbling-Fools