*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673364-Let-it-Snow
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1673364
John was a shy little boy until he met Mary. As soon as he laid eyes on her he was in love
  All the children stared out the windows of their houses waiting for the snow to start to fall . The anticipation grew with every second that they waited at their windows. John however was reading a book at the dining room table, paying no mind to his siblings, who were glued to the upstairs window. He did not wait for the snow like all the other children, he simply didn't care. He never liked the snow, after all it always meant that there would be lots of noise from  the children playing outside. He was ten and was expected to be out playing but the only time that happened was when his mother made him go out. He could always be found reading or writing a new short story.
          He was very shy and never seemed to talk to anyone but his parents, he expressed himself solely through his writing.
          "John, can I see you in the kitchen for a minute?" called his mother from the other room.
          There it was, the call that always meant he would have to go outside to play. His mother was worried that John never talked to any of the other children in the neighborhood. She had taken him to two specialists who couldn't find anything wrong, but she was still worried. John closed his book, put it on the table, and walked into the kitchen. His mother was standing there with a girl who caught his attention immediately.
          "John, this is Mary Thomson, she just moved in across the street and came over to say hello" his mom said.
          "Hi," Mary said, her eyes beaming.
          "Hi ... My name is John," he said, as she stared at him with a smile.
          He knew it immediately.  He was in love. He sat there trying to gain the confidence to talk to her as she sat there looking at him
          "Do you want to go outside?" he said, noticing that the snow had started to fall and had began to accumulate.
          "Sure!" Mary said as she turned toward the door.
          John grabbed his coat that was hanging from the coat rack next to the door. He put it on as he walked through the door, closing it behind him. His mom stood it the kitchen, smiling, shocked by what just happened. John and Mary were standing out in the snow just staring at the sky.
          " I love the snow." Mary said as she looked up at the December sky.
          "Me too," replied John.
          That little conversation had sparked something inside Mary.  Every time it snowed after that day John and Mary could be found standing together in John's backyard.After he met Mary John came to love the snow.
© Copyright 2010 Daniel Anderson (jt.novelist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673364-Let-it-Snow