*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674572-Too-much-attention-oncelebrities
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Article · Other · #1674572
Our medios obession with celebrities
Nathalie Rodriguez


Too much attention on Celebrities

In the past months there have been significant celebrity scandals such as the over covered rumors of Tiger Woods multiple affairs, Lil Wayne’s arrest and Heidi Montag’s shocking entire body reconstruction. Whatever it is that happens to celebrities, the media can’t seem to get enough of it.

Multiple weeks after the discovery of Tiger Wood’s affairs there were still multiple hearings of the scandal on CNN and countless magazines. “Celebrities are definitely getting too much attention from the press and the media,” said Senior Jessenia Bravo. “They are just regular who die, cheat and gain and loose weight, no big deal”.

In a recent survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, stated that 87% of adults (over 30 years old) think the press gives too much attention to celebrity and their scandals. On the other hand when a younger group of people where asked the same question nearly half said the excessive interest of the people on celebrity subjects was to blame rather than the media itself.

Maybe there would be a difference in the news coverage if we didn’t pay so much attention to what celebrities do and don’t do but the evidence of our excessive interest is obvious.
The majority of YouTube videos uploaded and viewed by young people are on celebrity related subjects.

“The easiest way for us to see a difference in the media would be audience to shift their interest, but that won’t happen overnight,” Said Senior Addysabel _____. .” I would like to see students talk about their favorite author’s latest book or a great new artist instead of the latest explicit lady gaga music video”.
© Copyright 2010 natharocksu (nathalovesu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674572-Too-much-attention-oncelebrities