*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674634-The-Threshold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1674634
This is a short story about running and the threshold reached


The running is inside of my head. I think about it constantly. Running is in my thoughts as I go throughout the day. Running is in my blood and has been since I was in high school. Running is enjoyment. There is the blood that surges through the veins. I have a lot of stories to tell about running. There are many different kinds of runners. Runners vary in how serious they take the sport. The professional runners are first. They run fast and hard and are naturals. These runners have an eating and training regiment. They are what all runners may strive to be. There are the serious runners that are skilled who know how to sleep before they run a race, what to eat and how to eat healthy, and the training that they do. These runners are always at the front of the pack but behind the "elite runners". There are the moderately serious runners that are next. They are moderately talented and can hold a good pace. These runners may eat right and get a certain sleep pattern for their races. They are the middle to the front of the pack runners. Then there are the hobby and occasional runners. These runners don't have a necessarily helathy regiment and they may be overwieght. These runners are middle pack to back of the pack runners and have a relativly slow pace. They many take part in unhealthy activities.

I am a hobby runner. I am not that serious about it and I don't have a consistant training regime. I am trying to fix the problem of doing unhelathy things. I am a middle of the pack runner and am sometimes at the back of the pack. I run varible and short distances. Hobby running leaves me heaving and breathing crazy hard. I am looking to fix my status and become a consistent runner. I am working on the unhealthy activities that I take part of in my life. I am working on my weight. I think that I can eat more healthy. I was a great runner in high school. I was co-captain of my cross-country team and ran a consistent time that hovered around twenty minutes. I had a few great experiences running. I enjoyed running and found it to be exhilerating at times.

A time is near when running will be secondary. I would like to be a biker. Mountain biking is a great activity. Mountain biking gets the blood pumping and leaves one feeling tired and exhilerated. A story is part of exercising.

I try to run in each city that I visit. I must have a consistent regime of running. There are many aspects to my life. There is work, play, social time, and sleep. These are four of the aspects of my life. I work at a place that requires me to stay on my toes and which is fast paced. I am working in a stressful enviroment. There is a lot of activity that goes on at the Taco Bell which I work in. There is a lot that I have to work on at work. Work needs to be exciting and I am not going to work at Taco Bell for the rest of my life. I need to be outdoors where my heart is. My heart is in the wilderness. My heart is where I can roam and stretch my mind. There is a good deal of play in my life. Play is when there is no stress and when there is enjoyment as well as freedom. Play leads me to strengthen my life. I can work on my spirit when i am at play. Play for me includes writing, reading, running and doing other activities in and outside. Social time includes parties, celebrations and family events as well as celebrations. Social events are where we learn about other people. I feel like an outsider at many events for social time. I feel that I don't belong but this is just a disguise to make me feel uncomfortable. I need to realize that I fit in just fine at social time. Social time is great and is when play can be shared with others. Sleep is full of dreams. Sleep is where our bodies rest and our minds and physical being are recharged. Sleep is improtant to the rest of life and the daytime.

The idea of running in different cities wasn't always with me. I remember running past the Superdome in New Orleans. My older brother went to school in New Orleans and I was in a race that past the Superdome. I ran a marathon while in college at the University of Denver. I finished the marathon. I used to be a semi-great runner. I am not in as good of shape as I was in. High school and the early years of college were the times I was in the best of shape. I am a runner and it will be a my bood for the rest of my life.
© Copyright 2010 Cmarglous456 (cmarglous4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674634-The-Threshold