*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674989-Emilys-adventures-One-of-last-chapters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Travel · #1674989
Another part of my story about a exchangee working overseas. work in progress
The end of the weekend was drawing near. Emily and Isabella were taking a walk around Emily’s farm.
“Bella we must climb our silo for a look, this is our last chance.”
“Yes that is true.” Once they reached the silo Isabella started climbing the ladder ahead of Emily.
The top gave a view of the farm, the yard and the two houses. Trees interrupted the view, but there were plenty of leaves on the ground.
“It is a good view from up here Emily”
“Yes it is. Different but still nice.”
“I’m so glad you made me come up”
“So am I” replied Emily. “We have been meaning to come up here for awhile now”
The girls took some photos of the view and of each other before heading down the ladder. Emily was pleased, ever since they had gone up the silo at Bella’s; she had wanted to get Bella to go up “her” silo. She looked at her watch; it was nearly time to go.

The girls began to walk to the bus stop after collecting Isabella’s bags.
“Oh Emily, you are off to Egypt soon”
“Yes and you are off to Germany”
“It has been a good summer, don’t you think Emily?”
“Yes it has, and I am so glad I was able to stay on”
The bus came along and the girls got on, still chattering.
As the bus rolled on towards Uppsala, both girls fell silent. Each lost in her own thoughts.



“Are you looking forward to going home Emily?”
“In some ways yes, and other ways no”

The bus pulled into the bus station by the river. The girl’s last bus journey together was over.
Isabella went and brought a ticket for her onward journey, and then the girls found themselves a seat to wait for the bus.
Ten minutes before the bus left, Emily helped Bella with her bags
“Okay sweets……” said Bella, giving Emily a hug. “Thank you for everything, and have a safe trip home”
“Yes you too, enjoy your placement in Germany”
Isabella climbed the stairs onto the bus. “Stay in touch”
“Yes you too, have fun”
Emily waved as the bus pulled away. She felt some tears waiting to emerge, but remained composed. She felt a little lost and unsure of what to do. No longer would she and Bella stand together on Swedish soil.
© Copyright 2010 hellsbells (hellsbells at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674989-Emilys-adventures-One-of-last-chapters