*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675123-Chapter-4
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1675123
Chapter 4 - interesting twist
I wake up in a protected meadow, a pillow under my head, covered in a bed roll blanket.  My head hurts as I reach up to check for cuts and bleeding.  Wait, flesh.  Ah, crap.  I'm human now.  I didn't land on my feet like a cat.  I shifted either during the fall or when I hit.  That means … I lift the blanket … yeah, I'm naked.  Huh?  I've been moved – I'm covered with a blanket?!?!

        I leap up bringing the blanket with me, looking around.  Shit!  Someone has seen me naked and I don't know who!  I look around cautiously, ready to defend myself, but I am overcome with dizziness and sit down quickly on a nearby rock.  What they have seen is a six foot tall, curvaceous muscular woman with medium skin and dark deep red hair.  You can see the Irish and Norse heritage as well.  I've a tattoo on my left upper arm of a unicorn and flames and piercings in my ears, nose and lip.  I definitely look out of place in this realm.

        I see a leather sleeveless weskit, leather knee pants, and short leather boots carefully placed on another rock.  Well, whoever left me clothing at least knows that I won't wear a dress.  Good thinking.  And they have an idea that I run hot blooded and left me clothing that doesn't cover my arms and all my legs, but doesn't leave me uncovered.  I quickly pull on the clothing.

        I wonder where Cassidy is?  I hope he made it through the battle without bad injury.  I see a leather scabbard and a Celtic/Norse sword within it.  There is also a note with the sword.  “Moira, I left you clothing, protection and means of travel.  I of all people should have known.  We will find each other when it is time.  Cassidy”  I strap the sword to my back and sit down to think.

        First of all, crap, he knows I'm a shapeshifter now.  And what did he mean by he of all people should have known? And how did he know it was me.  It is then I noticed the scar down my left leg.  Ah, the wound from our first battle together that would do it.  WAIT!  Cassidy saw me naked!  No No No!  Can I just hide under this rock now!  Sigh.  Maybe we won't cross paths again.  I can hope right.  It would be too awkward!

        I want to go back home.  I know no one misses me, but sometimes ending up places like this are just too much.

        Well, he said he left me means of travel.  I wonder what means of travel.  At this I hear a snort and a gorgeous buckskin horse steps out from the trees and bushes.  Correction, a buckskin pegasus.  Hello!  There are buckskin pegasi?  I walk slowly up to her, as she is a spirited mare.  Great, he had to leave me a mare, didn't he!  The mare sniffs my hand and then reaches her head and neck over my shoulder and wraps me in what can only be described as a hug.  Aw,  I love this mare already!

        “I am Shea, Cassidy has kept me for several years, as he had been told that you would be coming to assist him as the other Warrior,” the mare tells me in my mind.  Ok, never had a horse talk to me before.  Anything in the feline species yes, but that's a given.  “I will take you where you need to go and never leave you as I am forever yours as I have been waiting for you.”

        I walk around Shea and run my hands over her, as I contemplate her name.  Free in Gaelic, fitting for a pegasus that is bound to someone, hmph.  But I bet it is free to be flying.  Aw, crap what is it with anything connected with Cassidy and flying!?!  Shea is a beautiful golden with black mane, tail, lower legs and ears.  I can see dappling in her coat as well, so it is obvious that Cassidy has been feeding her well.  Her wings have both the golden coloration in the feathers as well as the black coloration.  She is a magnificent animal and built like an appendix Quarter Horse.

        I notice a sweet-looking bitless brown leather bridle with detailed silver and turquoise decorations.  Hmm, of course, turquoise, but how did Cassidy know my birthstone?  Well, he seems to just know things, so we'll go with it.  No saddle?  I was terrified of riding horses back where I came from.  I'm expected to ride bareback now?  And a flying pegasus?  Oh yeah, the wings would make a saddle difficult to use.

        I gather up the bed roll and pillow and secure them to Shea.  I mount, but have no idea where to ride too.  Shea looks at me, just snorts and heads northeast.  I guess she knows the way to go.  Wonder what we're about to get into.
© Copyright 2010 RavenHawk (rvnhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675123-Chapter-4