*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675583-Flight
by Syria
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1675583
In this Chapter Syria and Kyran journey to the snowy mountains the dragon base of Royalton
Pre-chapter

Syria was having a Nightmare about when her parents had been killed. She tossed and turned trying to shake the image out of her head. Her mother was screaming as a silver blade swang across the room and striked, the screaming stopped and the women’s body went limb and fell to the floor. Two bodies now lay together across the floor motionless, a tall man standing over them dressed in black, carried a young girl in his arms. He spoke to her quietly, "its ok my child your safe now” he carried the child into a room and gently put the child in the cot. Above her chimes jingle, she looks closely and realises they are knifes, she starts to cry. One breaks off, going straight towards her...



CHAPTER ONE – RED BLOOD

"Aaaaaahhh" I woke up breathing heavily, sweat all across my forehead. Kyran was on the window sill looking at me; I took a deep breath and lay back down. "Another nightmare" Kyran said quietly. He looked at me concerned "I'm fine just let me sleep" I said annoyed, Kyran snorted and jumped down from the window and sat on the bed beside me. "This is the third time this week Syria" he flicked his hair out of his face. "So you’re really concerned yet you still need to flick your hair!" I laughed to myself; any girl would love to have seen him do that! Kyran smirked "well then come on, get up, I need to take you to the dragon nest today".  I sighed and nodded "ok give me five" Kyran shrugged "ok just get up" he punched me playfully and then jumped out the window. I sat up and looked around, I hit a control switch on the side of my bed and all the other windows opened up automatically around my room. I turned around and faced the windows, "oh good the suns out" I muttered to myself, Royalton city was always nice when the sun was up.



The Sun shone through and hit my skin, warming the core of my heart. I went to my Cupboard and threw on my black gear and long coat for warmth., I threw a dagger into the side pocket on my leg, just in case... and then let my brown hair down, letting it swing from my shoulders. I had one last look in the mirror; I was very fit and had a perfect figure for my age. After I had approved of my outfit, I ran to the window and jumped out. BANG I hit the wooden bridge with a thump and it swang restlessly, I gained my balance and walked over to the cavern Kyran was renting. "Kyran I'm ready, let’s go I'm starving". Kyran came out with his red flying gear with a red scarlet cape travelling behind him. A silver sword swang from his belt and it glittered in the wind. "Ok I'll call Biso” Biso was Kyrans Dragon, a huge red dragon the oldest, strongest and wisest.  Kyran looked into the sky and stared. Kyran was a lead dragon master, and trained all the young dragons to fight and protect the city.



Dragons can hear their master’s thought, that is why Kyran was staring up at the sky not saying anything. All of a sudden a huge screech came from the sky and came to a stop in mid air next to the bridge; the dragon was huge and bright red, its talons nicely curved, and wings full of muscle. Wind flew around us as Biso flapped his huge wings. Kyran grasped my hand and pulled me on to the back of Biso, his skin was hard and rocky, but I felt safe. Kyran sat behind me holding me tightly in. He kicked lightly on the side of the dragon’s skin. Biso took one huge jolt of his wings and we shot up into the sky. My hair swang across my face as we circled the city, Kyran then held me tight as Biso made a sharp turn downwards. I didn't know how fast we were travelling but I knew it was at faster than I had ever been before. Biso ducked into a rocky gorge swinging and dodging sharp edges of the rocky Cliff. The end of the gorge was coming as the cold air from the mountains closed in around us.



The nesting grounds for the dragon were on top of The Snowy Mountains, it was freezing so I was glad I wore my coat. Biso swang across the opening sideways and Kyran held me tight.

Biso then shot up his back arching, I automatically let go of the dragon and covered my ears, a huge screech came from the mouth of the dragon and a huge ball of blazing fire shot into the air. We flew forward and I put my arm out and created a shield from the fire as we flew thru it. It disappeared as it absorbed the fires heat. Biso then slowed down and landed on top of a mountain. He hit the mountain with a thump which rocked both Kyran and myself. Kyran motioned me to cover my ears once again as Biso let out another huge screech. I looked over the landscape and saw another ball of flame shoot up over another mountain. Biso then turned his head to look at Kyran. Kyran nodded and Biso took of flying towards the mountain of flame, as we got closer a huge gate opened in the mountain and Biso flew in, we landed inside the mountain and the doors closed behind us. We had arrived at the nesting grounds. Other men dressed in red came out to greet Kyran as we slip of Biso’s back. Biso then walked over to a huge hunk of meat waiting for him. He made a low growl in delight, and then he started eating.



Kyran was busy talking to other dragon trainers when he said "hey Syria I have a few things to do first, go and wander around, grab some breakfast" I nodded and walked off into the kitchen. It was huge, and all white. I grabbed an apple and walked out to the viewing deck. I sat on one of the chairs and finished my apple. I sighed to myself in boredom, and then I picked up a magazine.  I realised corner was on fire and used my hand to put it out. I looked down at the table and saw a wet water trail, I followed it with my eyes and stopped when they reached the top of the stair case, and a young sea dragon was smiling down at me, making noises and bopping up and down. “Hello “I said quietly to it. “What’s your name I wonder" I asked myself while staring at the dragon, the little dragon slid down the stairs and fell over its head, I giggled. It made a crying noise, I went over to the creature and helped it to its feet. At that moment Kyran came into the room and saw the creature at my feet. "Well, well I was wondering were he had run off too" he smiled at me, "this is a water dragon" he signalled to the creature. "What's his name"? I asked Ky. "We don't have one for him yet"



KY smiled at me, "no you can't keep him, it's to dangerous" he laughed and said "and no matter what you say nothing will change my mind" I frowned at him "can I name him then"? I begged Ky and finally he agreed. "Cooper" I voiced, the small creature looked at me and made a noise, then jumped around happily. Kyran sighed "he is becoming attached to you". Cooper jumped around me and licked my leg "then I guess I have to keep him" I smiled at Kyran and giggled. "Ok fine, but make sure you look after him, he is very rare" Kyran then turned and left the room. A man walked in dressed in flying gear. "Are you going out?" I asked him. "Yes I am, can you tell?" I chuckled "where are you going?" I asked the man "we’re hatching another dragon today" he smiled at me "I'm going to help your brother". I nodded "yes he did tell me about a hatchling”. The man looked me up and down "I guess that’s why you’re wearing your gear Miss Frost" he addressed me like a superior, because of my brothers’ status “Please, just Syria" I replied. “Of course” he said politely. Kyran came through the door and signalled to the other rider that he wanted to be alone, “oh a secret message”. I glanced at Ky and his frown turned up into a smile “not this time, just letting you know that while I’m gone you’re in charge”. I looked Ky in the eye “put you said I could come with you “ Kyran sighed “I know what I said, Syria, just trust me ok”  Ky was getting flustered  “what’s wrong?” I asked him, “Nothing, it’s just the date today”. He looked at me intensely as if trying to make me realise what he meant. I Thought about what he had said. It clicked, “of course, mum and dad”. Kyran suddenly seamed on edge, I ran and gave him a squeeze and he grasped me tightly into a hug.  Finally he let go and I had tears welling in my eyes “I didn’t even know them” I complained. Kyran pulled me into one of his stares “Syria they would be so proud of you” he wiped my eye’s, and sat me down on the chair. Cooper sat beside me, put him head on my lap and whined. I smiled at the dragon and gently patted its head. Ky griped my shoulders one last time and left the room.



Seconds later dragons launched into the sky from all different directions. At the very front of the line Kyran and Biso guided the dragons and their riders through the misty snowy mountains.



It wasn’t long before they were all out of sight. Once they had disappeared I looked down at Cooper, he licked my fingers gently. “if you’re a water dragon, maybe I’d better take you to the water tanks” after I mentioned water the little dragon went crazy, it flipped around, did somersaults and made a happy chirping sound. I opened the door and went into the mountain opening which was now closed. Cooper followed holding his head high like he was a Royal prince, I giggled at him and he chirped again happily. The water tanks were over three levels, cooper being as small as he is was only allowed in the top tank. A rider was standing near by with his hood up, motioned me to go to him. Cooper went straight to my side. “Where are you taking that youngling” he asked out of Duty, “To the tanks” I answered, he looked me in the eye and then said “let me escort you”. Cooper growled at him and then blew water out of his nose wetting both of his shoes. Cooper knew something I didn’t. The man was angry and about to kick Cooper and using my air ability pushed him to the wall hard. “Just what do you think your doing” I yelled at him. “So it is you” he replied dumbfounded, to other riders appeared and stop and look at the situation. “Who are you” I demanded, the man chuckled and moved his fingers swiftly in the air, and all of a sudden I was trapped in green forest vines. “You don’t remember me?” he removed his hood “how disappointing”.



I couldn’t say a thing, the man standing in front of me was Blasius. A man known for his horrific duty with Lord Adonis, Blasius was his second in charge. Blasius had the ability of creating luscious life and creatures of the earth, but also destroying it in seconds. “LET ME GO YOU PRICK” I shouted at him, he laughed and pulled out a long thin needle. “what is in that, what are you going to do?” I asked struggling in the vines. “Just give you a little pain” then he japed me in the arm letting the substance sink into my blood stream. What came next was excruciating I screamed and twisted in agony. The other riders that had been standing by sprang on Blasius with all there might, but were just flicked of like twigs. “you…poisoned…….me” I struggled to say. Blasius let the vines loose and I fell into his arms. I had become too weak to move. “now you know that I can hurt you I wouldn’t try anything drastic” he murmured. Cooper blew water onto my face, it didn’t do a thing. Blasius laughed at him “pathetic little creature” I herd I little cry and then nothing. I gasped and tried to get up, but was stopped. “Don’t try anything missy” I looked at him and his eyes were now red, he was hungry and angry, not the best combo. “Please, stop, let me go” I begged breathless. Blasius chuckled to himself “why should I honey, seriously it’s just business”  he started walking and I relaxed a little when I heard Cooper trail behind us. “What are you going to do” I asked him I little strongly. “Give you a fresh start” he said simply, fresh start? What did he mean? “What?” I said sleepily. I started to here loud growls and snarls and I knew we were near the water tanks, The water and sea dragons where very restless and agitated. “Now listen carefully, I have a message from Adonis” I looked at him with disgust “what is it then” I felt myself coming to terms with my strength again. “Adonis says” he smiled “he wants you to come to Vikzona City and meet with him” he laughed at the cruelty. “or those scary little dreams you’ve been having, will get a whole lot worse”. Then I felt myself being lifted in the air “why does he want to meet with me?” I asked curiously. “Once you ascend, your powers will become so valuable that it could be used to destroy worlds” Blauis explained. Then I felt myself fall and hit cold fresh water. “happy swimming” I heard Blauis say, then I heard  a low growl and Blauis cry out in pain. “STUPID CREATURE” Blauis screeched and then I heard a door slam shut.



A small creature jumped in beside me paddling wildly. I smelt fresh blood on Cooper’s body, and cringed with disgust. “You attacked him Cooper!” I said excitedly. The small dragon let out a small yelp. Then he left the waters surface. I was still too weak to swim to the edge and began to sink. I was underwater now and saw Cooper transforming. He was growing bigger by the second. Coopers huge neck and body slid under me lifting me to the surface once again.  His growl was furious and long, he had grown to full size as soon as tasting Blasius blood! I felt Coopers huge claw lift me to his face, he smelt me and snorted. I felt myself coming to normal senses. My vision became completely clear and my strength was also normal.



“Cooper your humongous!”  I said happily then the most surprising thing happened he spoke! “Syria are you ok?” I was dumbstruck “You can TALK!” I yelled. The dragon chuckled “yes”. He let me down on the ground and I walked around the amazing creature “ky was right about saying you where rare” I smiled up at  Cooper. His scales were bright blue and very sharp. “You look so cool” I said excitedly. The dragon laughed, “cool?” I laughed too. “I think we should go to your brother now Syria, he needs to know what has happened” Cooper said seriously. “but he will take you off me, I’m not allowed to have a dragon” I sulked and Cooper scoped me up in one claw. “As long as I live, I’m yours” he made the voul that could make us inseparable.  I hugged one of his huge talons. “Cooper you can’t fly you a sea dragon” I said to him smiling. “now that is something both you and ky got wrong I’m a dragon of Sprit” he explained. “I am all dragons in one”. I nodded at the discovery. “a new species Ky will be over the moon!, oh and I have never flew before, by myself” Cooper moved his claw and put me on his back between his head and the first spike on his back. His ears then kept me in at the sides. “wow” I said to myself. Cooper laughed then surprisingly he turned to the tank of dragons, he spoke in a language not permitted for a human tongue. Then he said “You ready to Fly Miss Syria?” I laughed “hell yes”. Cooper then went to the elevator and we went to the opening of the cave. When we arrived to riders were lying dead on the ground. “can you heal them Cooper?” he bent down and sniffed them “if you wish my dear, I will heal them for you”.  I spoke “yes I do” Copper nodded  and bent down and breathed upon there bodies, a yellow substance came from his mouth and circled the limb bodies. “they will be fine in another five minutes” Cooper said calmly. “would you open the hatch for me dear” Cooper asked “certainly”.  I focused on the hatch and concord up  a strong wind current and it pushed the hatch upwards. “very impressive young lady” the dragon commented. I smiled to myself “thanks, now lets go to my brother” Cooper nodded with his head and I laughed as I bumped up and down. He laughed “before we go you might what to cover your ears” I did as I was told, a huge roar erupted from Coopers mouth ending with a ball of fire the size of a small dragon. This happened any time a dragon became of age. Then with one big push on his hind legs he yelled “LETS FLY” and launched into the air for the first time in his life.   



P.S comment if you like it and ill post the next chapter :)
© Copyright 2010 Syria (syria101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675583-Flight