*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675597-Memories-of-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1675597
This is not based on true life story. But hope you'll be inspired.
                                                                                Memories of Love

I woke up this morning, I looked at my right and remembered all the memories we had. The day I met him, I was in the videoke bar drinking iced tea. My mood was so good until a man started to sing "Let It Be Me" yes it was him. That song is very special because it's my parent's love song and at the same time hurtful because it reminds me of the lonely things that happened in my life, it really makes me go wild. So I stood up, got my bag then hit him with it and I ran away. I forgot I didn't pay the bill, but it was just an iced tea so I stopped thinking about it. The next day on our psychology class, a guy entered the classroom, I didn't recognize that it was him. He approached me, pulled my hand, carried me away from the class. He brought me to the lobby, I was shouting and felt a little scared so I had nothing to do but to kick his, you know what I mean. I ran, went back to the classroom, quickly closed and locked the door. All the people inside the room was shocked and curious. The professor asked me, " Is he your boyfriend? He's the son of the President of this school." I was shocked with the information I just heard and answered, " Madam, I don't know him. I'm just a transferee and I don't care if he's the son of the President. He had hurt me and the truth shall prevail!" After that, I didn't see him again in the school, I was so thankful and at the same time I felt guilty for what I had done. At the end of the school year, I just heard that he moved to America and continued his studies there.

Summer, I worked as waitress in a restaurant and shocked to see him again. I hid my face, I tried to hide my face but I had no choice he was my boss. I was so nervous thinking he would fire me but I was wrong, he promoted me to be his assistant. I wasn't happy with the promotion because I knew I didn't deserve to be promoted at that very point, it was so unfair for the old employees and I knew that it would be his way to make me go down. I knew he wanted vengeance and I was right.

Four o'clock in the morning he called me up, he needed my help, he said he was stranded in an island and he needed to be back in the city at 10:30 am to meet the business partners. He scared me saying that if I didn't help him I would be the one who'll gonna explain the business presentation to those business people and at that time I didn't know what to do because I was new so I quickly used his yacht and went to the island where he was stranded. Found him, GOSH! I found him him with sexy gorgeous ladies dancing around him! GOSH! My eye bags! I said, " I don't wanna wake up that early again!" GOSH! The next shocking truth, there was no scheduled business meeting at that time! I was a chicken head, I didn't look and check the list of business meeting on my business board, I forgot! I crashed! When we got into the city I wanted to cry. I was so angry with him and myself. We were back to our work and promised to do my best to be not a loser.
One day we went to their hacienda for a business meeting. He should be the one who'll gonna present the business presentation but he didn't know anything so I was the one who explained and elaborated the presentation. I felt like a winner, I did a good job but he never said any "thanks" to me. After that, we went to the mall, shopped for his clothes to be used in meetings abroad.

Free day, I was in a birthday party of my best friend, I was supposed to give my message to BFF(bestfriend), all ears were at me, they were ready to listen, then suddenly, my phone rang, it was him, my boss. He said emergency and wanted me to go to his condo. I quickly dropped the call, wanted not to go, wanted to eat cake, ice cream, spaghetti, steaks, but he said EMERGENCY so I just said to my message, " Happy birthday! Sorry, but I need to go." I went to his condo , found him so problematic asking, " Can you help me kill that yucky cockroach?!" GOSH! The cake, ice cream, spaghetti!!! I was a loser again.

I was so stressed, I wanted to quit but I was in need of money for my tuition fee so I had nothing to do but to hold on.

The next day, back to work but instead of working he wanted me to be with him shopping again. We went to the mall. I said, " I'm not your outfit consultant, I am just your assistant and this is not my work!"
He said, " Your work is just to be with me, like what you have said you're my assistant."
We also had a grocery asking me what to eat.
" Hey I'm not your nutritionist so don't ask me what you supposed to eat. Just eat!"
" Okay, take that meat, junk food, noodles, hotdog, canned goods, colas. I want to eat those."
" Are you sure you want to eat those? Are you crazy? Do you want to die young?! Eat veggies!"
" Like what you have said, you're not my nutritionist."
" So, so you want to eat those?! Take those all by yourself! YOURSELF, all by yourself! Bye!"
I left him and went back to the office. He didn't come back to the office.

Night, 11:00 pm, he called me up, he wanted me to give the reports about the plan to the hotel they were constructing in Hong Kong. At that very point of time, I tried to prepare the report, I didn't know what to do, I forgot to prepare the reports. I wasn't able to do it so I went to his condo without those reports. I found him crying, sitting at the front of a round table with candles on top, he had a date. It was the first time I saw him like that, I was so scared saying, " Sorry, I wasn't able to do the reports. But I promise, I promise to pass those tomorrow twelve noon sharp. Sorry." He said, " You still don't have the reports? Okay, okay, pass it tomorrow. Leave me now." I left him and shocked that he didn't get angry with me. When I got home, I quickly prepared and finalized the reports and yes I was able to pass those before twelve. I saw him so sad. One week, it was a miracle that he didn't play jokes on me, he was so mysterious.

We went to Hong Kong after that one cold long week for him. We met the business partners, we saw the construction site of hotel, did some analysis and that was so tiring so I planned to go to HK Disneyland after those tiring days. I also invited him. He came along with me, we had a great time, yeah, great time with him and mission accomplished, I saw his smile again, he has moved forward.

When we came back to our homeland, I attended my best friend's wedding, I was the bride's maid. After the ceremony, my favorite part came next, eating time at the reception. As I enter to the reception, my phone rang, it was him saying, " Be here now!" Without tasting any food I said my goodbye and best wishes to BFF, I went to the office.
I asked him, " Why? Why did you ask me to be here?"
" I need your help."
" I was at the reception, ready to eat delicious food, GOSH I missed that chance because you called me. GOSH, what kind of help?!"
" Sorry for interrupting you but help me organize a party."
" What?! Hey I'm an event organizer!"
" I called the event organizer and she' busy. My parents just came back from Australia and we must welcome them, right? And I want to prove them that I already changed and the company is growing. We must present the changes through this event, let's show them what we've got. I know you can do it so I called your help. If you don't want to help me, then just say no. But please help me."
" Okay, when will be the party?"
" Tomorrow night. That means, you'll help me, right?"
" Tomorrow night!?"
At that time on, we finalized the concept, it would be like a ball or JS Prom. Glad, mission accomplished.

Night of event, all were in a formal dress, men in coat and women in gown. I went to the party with red gown, he saw me and escorted me. He introduced me to his parents. They smiled at me and thank me, they're kind. In the garden, I was alone, looking up the sky, searching for my star. He came.
" What are you doing here?" he asked.
" Ah, I'm a loner."
" I know you're not. I know it, if you really are, you would tell me to leave. You wanted to be with someone, right? Maybe someday."
" You're wrong, I don't wanna fall."
" Are you afraid to be hurt? Ah, by the way, wine."
" Thank you."
I drunk the wine and asked for another and asking for more until I didn't know what I was doing and talking.
The next day, I woke up, I thought of something, something that has to do with heart talk and from then on, I decided to pass my resignation letter. When I got into work, I gave him my letter. I quickly ran going outside, my tears began to fall, he followed me. I didn't notice I stopped at the middle of the street, a car was coming, I thought it was my last day but he saved me. We fell on the ground with his body over mine. The rain began to fall.

" I wanted to quit." I said.
" Why?" he asked.
" Why can't you just stand first? You're heavy."
We stood.
" Please let me resign."
" Okay, even it's not clear to me, I'm letting you go."
I hugged him so tight and said my "thank you".
I resigned because I learned, I already learned to care for him that led to love. I was thinking if I would continue my job I would not be focused, I couldn't give my hundred percent on my job because of insecurity. I was also thinking what if I told him about my feelings for him and he would just say, " Sorry, I don't love you." I was afraid. So I had nothing in my mind but to resign.

" But be back tomorrow." he said.
" What? Why?"
" I will give your salary."
" Thank you."

After he gave me my salary I decided to move to another place with my best friend and continued my studies on that new place. I didn't see him for two years. After graduation, I worked as a call center agent, got a call, the voice was so familiar. The voice said, " Hello. Bye."
When I got home, I heard a voice singing "Let It Be Me". Yes, it was him. He courted me in that way. He searched for me when he realized that he loves me and was happy to know that. Happy to see him again. At that time he made me love the song Let it be Me. After a year, he proposed to me. After seven months we got married. After seven years and that is now, I woke up, I looked at my right, hearing the song Let it be Me and realized that I'm hearing it from the radio and I'm just looking at his picture frame, just imagining his physically beside me. He died, he's gone.

But before the day he died, he was able to play piano for me and sang Goodbye Girl. Let it be Me and Goodbye Girl, my two favorite songs that were sang for me by my one and only goodbye man. I still cry, but I must be strong, I need to be okay for our only daughter, yes I need to be a good mother.


© Copyright 2010 Jonalyn (jonalyn07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675597-Memories-of-Love