*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675656-Eli-The-Children-of-the-Gutters
Rated: GC · Chapter · Fantasy · #1675656
A boy is plucked from the Gutters to become the most feared and hunted man in Aelkestis.
Introduction



Eli ran through the winding streets. Human excrement splashed around his bare feet as they pounded the cobbled stones below. He breathed hard as he pushed himself as fast as he could go. A quick glance over his shoulder told him he was losing ground. He took a sharp right into an alley way. It was a dead end.

"No," he said to himself, "Gods no!" He looked around and considered going back, but he had no time. He glanced around the dark alley. Broken bricks paved up the walls on either side. Eli gagged on the stench. An empty crate sat by the wall at the back, and he scuttled underneath as quickly as he could. The moonlight shone through the slats in the crate onto Eli's eyes like bars on a dungeon window. His eyes shone a brilliant blue, red and puffy, as they peered for a sight of his pursuer.

Eli heard the slapping of feet approaching from around the corner; he held his stomach and swallowed in an attempt to stop himself from vomiting. The feet came into sight.

"Eli?" The voice made him quiver with fear. It was Jabb, the leader of the Dark Fist. Eli held his breath.

"Eli? Come out to play" Jabb moved closer to the crate. Eli's heart pounded against his ribs as urine streaked down the inside of his thighs. The crate was lifted from around Eli, his eyes filled with fresh tears as they streamed down his dirty face he looked up to see the fat scarred face of Jabb staring into his own, his beady eyes filled with hatred and lust.

"Peek-a-boo, I see you." Eli tried to run, he scrambled through Jabb’s legs, but the monster grabbed a fistful of Eli’s dark matted hair and yanked him to his feet. Eli squirmed and struggled against the grip.

"Please Jabb no. I'll give you whatever you want. I'll give you everything I steal for a month." Eli pleaded.

Eli felt Jabb’s fist smash into his jaw. Instantly he felt pain shoot through his face.

"You know the price for not paying your digs." Jabb towered over the child at his feet, he laughed at the pathetic sight of Eli laying on the stone floor bleeding.



Welcome to the City of Aelkestis.



© Copyright 2010 Mark Lowes (lowesy19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675656-Eli-The-Children-of-the-Gutters