*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675994-I-Lost-a-Dear-Friend
by Tyler
Rated: E · Short Story · Cultural · #1675994
This is just a short story about loss, with a twist ending.
Utter Despair

         I can’t believe it.  I simply cannot comprehend the news that I have just received.  It must be a joke.  It has to be a huge, distasteful prank that somebody has decided to pull on me.  I don’t know why anyone would kid about something like this, but it has to be a joke.  Or maybe I’m still dreaming.  I was on the computer or watching TV and just happened to doze off.  But I know this isn’t the case.  It’s true what I have just been told.  How am I supposed to live now that I have lost that which was my life?  The only thing that gave my life meaning and got me through the day will never be there again.  They said it was an accident.  Something went horribly wrong.  The people who told me the news have never seen this happen before.  Of course, I get to be the lucky one who loses his special connection with the world.  My friends will never understand.  They have never suffered a loss as heartbreaking as mine.  We are young; we could never envision this happening.  I reread the bulletin flashing across my computer screen.  And again the words sear into my brain, bringing along the awful news that they bear.  My facebook account was accidentally deleted.  I have lost all my friends and my connections.  I don’t know what I am a fan of, what groups I belong to, I don’t even know my likes or dislikes.  There are no more updates, bulletins, postings, or invites.  In an instant, I lost my facebook page.  Without it, I lost my life.

© Copyright 2010 Tyler (plains19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675994-I-Lost-a-Dear-Friend