*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676041-Broken-Clans-IntroCh1
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1676041
warrior cats fan-fiction, the clans have been broken apart
Introduction
         The clans have crumbled down to few cats. It’s been many seasons since the borders had been dropped. The last casts remaining live together at four trees where they hunt anywhere’s depending on their choice of prey. If there hadn’t been a big battle the clans may have stayed together. Many cats died; others fled. The remaining cats were the ones who still had faith in their warrior ancestors. They decided to gather at four trees because it was neutral territory and in a group they were stronger.
         The remains of Thunderclan were Squirrelstar, her mate Dustnose a great warrior, and their three kits Featherkit, Graykit, and Mousekit. The kits were born after the great battle and know nothing but stories about former Thunderclan. Squirrelstar’s mother was the last deputy of Thunderclan and became leader after the former leader died in the battle.
         Riverclan has Riverstar and his apprentice Wetpaw left. Riverstar is the only son of Webstar who was the leader of Riverclan. Wetpaw’s mother was a warrior of Riverclan, even after the battle.
         Then in Windclan there is Swifttail, her mate Eagleclaw, and their two kits Breezekit and Pebblekit. Swifttail’s mother was Windclan’s last medicine cat and taught her daughter all about herbs, so now Swifttail helps everyone as a medicine cat. Eagleclaw’s mother and father were warriors originally from Windclan.
         From Shadowclan there was Swampstar and his sisters Lilywhiskers and Frogfoot. Their father was the last leader of Shadowclan.
         Then there are the rogues in the area. There’s Sky, Squirrelstar’s sister, who decided to leave the remaining cats to become a rogue, along with Spider (brother of Wetpaw). Then there was Heather and Jingle who wanted nothing to do with the clan cats.
         The remaining warriors wished that there were still clans and territories and things were just back to the way they were. With so few cats there was no way they could bring back the territories and split into clans again…

Chapter 1
         The sun was rising and the dawn patrol was heading out. As usual it was Squirrelstar and Swifttail. Dustnose and Eagleclaw were left to watch the kits. Dustnose’s kits were four moons old and were close to becoming apprentices. Eagleclaw’s on the other hand were three moons old, and got along well with the Thunderclan kits.
         “I really miss my sister now even more. She hasn’t even seen my kits or mate let alone even know about them. We haven’t seen each other since we were first made warriors.” Squirrelstar meowed with sorrow.
         “It must be hard to not see her even though she is still alive. I mean my sister died very young, we were just kits so I didn’t really know her. But you still can be with your sister and talk with her, yet she has chosen a different path than you,” explained Swifttail.
         “Wow, I didn’t know you had a sister.”
         “Yeah, it was before you were born. Anyways, you go that way to check the borders and we’ll meet back here after. That way we can make this quick.”
         “Ok.” The two split up and continued their patrol. Squirrelstar went into former Windclan territory. Nothing looked out of the ordinary and she almost was back to where she was supposed to meet Swifttail when she saw a tail disappear behind a bush. She followed cautiously after it but found nothing and told herself it was nothing, continuing on her way.
         When she got back, Swifttail was already waiting for her. “Everything ok on that side?” she asked once Squirrelstar was right next to her.
         “Uh yeah, nothing out of the ordinary. Everything looked good. What about your side?” Replied Squirrelstar sort of distracted.
         “Same. Let’s head back and see what our kits are up to.” Swifttail meowed. The two of them made it back to four trees together. Squirrelstar felt she should have told Swifttail about the tail in the bushes, but she ignored her feelings. She didn’t want to dwell on something not worth dwelling on.
         The two arrived back at four trees where Dustnose and Eagleclaw had the kits playing in the middle. Lilywhisker and her brother Swampstar were sitting on top of a rock sharing tongues. There was a hunting patrol, which consisted of Frogfoot and Riverstar, out to gather some fresh kill. And the others weren’t around.
         “Yay mommy is back!” The kits meowed as soon as they saw their moms.
         “Yes little ones I’m back, and I think it’s time to rest now. So come on over here by this tree and take a nap while I talk to your father.” Squirrelstar told her kits. The three older kits did as they were told and went to lay down by one of the four trees in the clearing. The other kits went with their mother and father to the nursery, which left Dustnose and Squirrelstar alone.
         “What is it dear?” Asked Dustnose.
         “Well, I…I…I don’t want to make a big deal about it but while out on the patrol today I think I saw another cat. I mean I don’t know,” explained Squirrelstar hesitantly.
         “How do you not know if you saw another cat? Either you saw it or you didn’t,” meowed Dustnose, who was a little confused.
         “Well all I saw was a tail that looked like it could have been a cat’s. I investigated and found nothing, not even a scent trail. Although I did smell a strong scent of mud, which is unusual for the Windclan side. I don’t know, maybe I’m just imagining things.”
         “No, you are not imagining things, don’t worry. When Eagleclaw and I go on the dusk patrol tonight I’ll look in the Windclan area. How about that? Would that make you feel better if I did that?”
         “Yes, I would like that. Thanks dear, you always have the idea to cheer me up.” And with that Squirrelstar went to rest with her little ones while Dustnose went off on his own.
***************************************************
         The sun was rising which signaled the dawn patrol were out patrolling. It was several suns since Dustnose had gone on the dusk patrol and saw nothing of the mysterious cat. He hadn’t talked much with Squirrelstar since then, she hadn’t really talked to anyone.
         “Hey, why don’t we just do the whole patrol together? We aren’t in any hurry.” Asked Swifttail, trying to get her talking.
         “Um yeah, sure.” Squirrelstar replied. The two headed into the Thunderclan forest together. They didn’t talk at all the whole time they went through Thunderclan, Shadowclan, and Windclan territories. They had reached Riverclan territory and were near the river when Swifttail decided to say something.
         “So what’s wrong? I mean you haven’t said anything all morning and haven’t been very talkative for the past few suns. You’re starting to worry me.” Swifttail asked.
         Squirrelstar contemplated wither or not she should explain everything to her. She thought if she didn’t think about it she would forget. “Well there was one day when we went separately on our patrol and I saw another cat’s tail disappear in the bushes. It sounds dumb but I’ve done nothing but think it over in my head, and I think it’s more than it seems like. What if there is a spy in the territories?”
         “Why didn’t you tell me that day? We could have looked into it together. But that’s not the point; the point is that it’s gotten to your head now. I mean y---- ”
         “No, I know what I saw and I’m not crazy!” demanded Squirrelstar, cutting Swifttail off mid-sentence.
         “That’s not what I meant. Now just listen to what I have to say first.” Swifttail responded, “What I meant was that you’ve thought too much about it and are now trying to explain it. As you said yourself, it could be more than it seems, but it was probably nothing more than a rogue passing through the area.”
         Squirrelstar couldn’t believe she hadn’t thought about that fact, which fueled her to think about what if it was my sister? “We have to go back there!” Then she leaped into a run towards Windclan. She led Swifttail back to the spot where she saw the tail.
         “What are you doing?” Swifttail meowed. When Squirrelstar didn’t reply and kept running, she had no choice but to continue following. Only once they were in Windclan and at the exact bush did the two stop running.
         “Now will you tell me why were going on this wild goose chase?” asked Swifttail.
         “Well when you mentioned that it was probably just a rogue I thought maybe, just maybe, it was my sister. If anything it’s possible” Squirrelstar meowed as she began to sniff wildly at the bush to try to pick up any trace of another cat.
         “Now you’re worrying me. You are taking this too far. I highly doubt that it was your sister. We should head back.”
         “Just let me reinvestigate and then we’ll go. I have to know for sure that it was nothing.”
         “Fine” So Squirrelstar continued her search of any traces left. She soon came to realize that maybe she was taking it too far and was going on a wild goose chase. She apologized to Swifttail and they returned to four trees.                    
                   
© Copyright 2010 Snowflight (snowflight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676041-Broken-Clans-IntroCh1