*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676288-The-Battle-Begins
by Raven
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #1676288
Two horses come face to face to settle a life long dispute
A call echoed around the battle grounds as a horse from up high began his drumming decent into the valley, another call met the first this time it came up the valley floor. Soon enough two equine met sides damp with sweat their bodies slightly heaving. The equine from the top a creamy the one from down the valley ebony pelted hide hid his muscles. The creamy's hide scare less the blacks scarred nearly beyond recognition......

My orbs darken at the sight of my twin; his mother was mine my sire was greater than his own. His sire was a pitiless excuse of a light; mine a pillar of strength through the dark lands. I paw the ground, my sides slowing from their heaving from galloping up the valley so roughly, I wanted this over now...I want him dead. His scare less hide surprising me he mustn't be a fighter but a runner. My own was covered in reminders of the battles and of the success of being the stronger twin. I snort and lower my head preparing to begin the fight....

My orbs train on his body instantly, his scars telling me he was ready to fight me. My own creamy pelt was perfect as the day I was born. Not one scar inhabited my hide. I watched as he had heaved his way up the valley, I shook my dial. He still wasn't a smart animal. He never was and never will be. I had spent the last several days traveling slowly around and to the mountain top to make a decent rather than fight the uphill battle thus saving my energies for the fight. I may not be as experienced in the fighting scene but could maneuver my way out of any fight, being quick like my sire I could get in attack and be out of reach before the other horse stuck the place I once had been hence not one scar. I watched as he dipped his dial and pawed his sides trembled still but he thought he was ready...What a mistake.......
The two stallions began to circle neither being the first to attack. Megatron’s sweat laden pelt glistened in the growing sun while Optimus Prime’s dry coat looked slightly dull………
I watched as my twin began to circle as well, He held his carriage high while my own was lowered still slightly wheezing from the run he held the upper hand and he knew it, I had to begin this to show him I would succeed and kill him. I reared and launched at him but when I landed he was no longer standing where he had been. Ah so he’s a quick horse now hmmm this could be interesting……
I circled as he did and prepared as I saw him rear and launch by the time he landed I was behind him I watched as he spun around to meet me head on. His next attack coming closer I whirled as he rushed me his blow landing just short of my rump I lashed a fore dagger down his own rump easily slicing deep into his flesh. He screamed out in pain but from the screech that preceded it from anger as well…
My first blow missing I rushed him rearing at the last minute to slash at his body I never felt a connecting blow but I did indeed feel a scorching pain as he sliced deep into my rump with a fore dagger. My scream began as one of pain but ended as one of fury. His scar less pelt now coming to memory…He wasn’t a runner he was a fighter, but how did he do it…………
The two stags kept at each other, Megatron’s larger body leaving little to no injury on its twin. Prime’s pelt was damp but not bloody, he was a little black and blue on the insides from the jarring and impact his twins body had on the occasional impact, Megatron’s pelt glistened not only heavily with sweat but his blood seeped, if he stood in one spot the blood began to gather around his daggers on the ground
I looked at my brother of flesh and blood
Today we finish, letting the next time begin again
I knew if we kept up he would surely die here today and that would be too easy he needed to suffer the pain my dam suffered, he also needed to suffer the pain his own sire put my sire through
I heard his words and turned and began to limp away knowing he would not turn and leave until I was gone and I also knew he would not attack me with a turned back he was not like a dark he was light, if I had the chance to attack on a turned back I would, He was letting me off this time I knew it but next time….I’d be ready for his movements.
© Copyright 2010 Raven (lil_raven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676288-The-Battle-Begins