*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676289-The-Missing-Piece
by EmyLay
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1676289
Story of my life. First chapter.


February 18th, 2010
3:00p.m.


The day my life got turned upside down. It was just a normal day. I was walking out to the bus with my 2 best friends, Hannah and Briana. I got to the entryway and saw my mom. Even though she worked at the school, she only worked part-time and never picked us up. I saw my older 14 year old sister, Sarah and my younger, 9 year old sister, Rachel looking just as confused as I was.

I said good-bye to my friends and walked out to our Silver Aura parked in the 3rd to last spot. Amanda, my 16 year old sister, had already left. I knew something was wrong. We got into the car. Sarah in the passenger seat, Rachel behind her and me behind my mom.
"We're going to Grandma and Grandpa's house." She spoke. There was anger and sadness in her voice.
"Why?" Rachel asked. Rachel had always been horrible at timing things.
We sat there in silence. My mom never answered. I looked out the window hoping that my mom wouldn't tell me those dreaded seven words.
My Grandma and Grandpa lived 2-3 minutes from the school so we were there in no time. I got out of the car. My Grandpa's truck wasn't there and my Grandma was at work. I was positive something was vey wrong.
I looked at Sarah and she was crying. She obviously knew something I didn't.
My mom pulled out her key to their house and opened the garage. Pattie, my Grandparent's dog, wasn't even there. What was going on?
She opened the door to the house and we walked into the kitchen.
"Sit down." My mom said, tears streaming down her face.
We all did what we were told and my mom sat down.
"As you girls know your dad and I have been fighting for awhile. He took my credit cards and spent alot of money and made me pay for it. I know I didn't want it to end like this but-" She sighed and looked down. I knew this was coming. Those seven dreaded words I never wanted to hear. "I filed divorce papers to your dad."
© Copyright 2010 EmyLay (emylay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676289-The-Missing-Piece