*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676987-scene-from-Night-Mist
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1676987
scene from Night Mist
“Damn it. Where was it? Her hands were shaking as she frantically searched her bag for the bottle of pills. Not again – not now. Her head had started a dull throbbing at the base of her skull that was slowly but insistently working its way up. Her vision was blurring as she finally felt the familiar feel of the prescription bottle. Thank God. She quickly opened the bottle and took two of the pills the doctor had prescribed from her. She took a long deep drink out of the water bottle that she had in her bag. As she took another drink of water her cell phone began ringing. She sighed heavily as she saw on the caller ID that it was her boss Linda. She was probably wondering where she was. She had been on her way back to the office when this latest attack had happend. Her hands still shaking she pressed the ignore button and hurried towards the elevator.

She rode down the elevator in silence contemplating what creative excuse she would give Linda this time for going MIA during the middle of the day. She was so deep in thought that it she didn’t notice the fine mist beginning to swirl around her feet. It wasn’t until the doors opened and she stepped off of the elevator that she began to realize something was very wrong. She stopped and stared openmouthed at the scene before her and in a hushed voice wispered “This can’t be good.”
© Copyright 2010 Kelticmyst (kelticmyst at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676987-scene-from-Night-Mist