*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677517-A-day-with-an-unusual-family
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1677517
Short little story of a girl experiencing a day with quite a different family ^^
  It was a warm sunny day. The strong sunlight had slowly opened my sleeping eyes, waken me up in middle of woods. ‘’Whe..Where am I’’ I quickly looked around, not knowing where,  how I had fallen in such a place. But the woods around me, it was a pretty bright lively one with birds singing songs in groups, many animals living together like friends. I felt like I had fallen to a whole new world.  I quickly got up from the grassy field , with big curious eyes looked around, then took the narrow path I saw between the big two trees . looking all the sudden beauty to see..’’wow,its so pretty flowers’’ I seemed to like the place .Like it so much infact I soon felt like I had forgot that I were lost here. As I was walking happily ahead I soon had heard a sound of many feet on my back, as if someone passed by ‘’Huh?’’ I quickly looked back and saw nothing. Then that same sound came back again. I turned and saw nothing again . ‘’Great, my ears are playing with me again ‘’ and just hen I was about to look around something round round and black slowly came down from above, with a web infront my eyes. It was a big black spider, almost about triple size of me with many long thin legs, a red ribbon infront her big black eyes ‘’Hey there ‘’ the spider greeted smiling. ’’Mother!’’ I freaked out with a high back jump I swiftly ran and hid behind one of the trees, shattering full of fear.  I had always been scared of spiders, and seeing this huge, talking spider was almost gonna faint me. I knew that this time I had really gotten lost.  ‘’I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare ‘’ the spider said with a sort friendly voice, coming closer where I was. But I still didn’t stop and  ran behind another tree again, looking back and fort  ‘’I never seen you around here before. Perhaps you are lost’’ her soft friendly voice seemed to take my fears, calm me down from her. She came closer , just a bit farther this time. ‘’What’ll be your name little girl’’ she said smiling. I stood quiet first, then slowly ‘’ Ummm..do..doremi’’ I said with a low still scared voice.

‘’Doremi.What a lovely name ‘’ She came closer me, her face so pleasant to see me

‘’I’m Elisa doremi.It’s so nice to meet’’ My slowly seemed to calm down

‘’It’s..It’s nice to meet….ms. Elisa’’

She began giggling ‘’Well, its Mrs.Elisa actually.But its Ok’’ She did a cute expression on her face ‘’I haven’t seen you around.Perhaps you lost ‘’. I looked with a sad face ‘’I’m…. kinda lost actually’’

Elisa turned sad ‘’Oh you poor dear’’ she came closer me ‘’ Come, I should take to my home now.  You can stay there till we find your home’’. I didn’t say anything and just followed her through the woods till we suddenly



‘’ She will stay with us till we find her home ‘’

The lady bug smiled joyfully ‘’ Oh yes yes, always opened to  visitors’’

I slowly entered inside. Everyone was looking me with a cute friendly face.

‘’ Oh hello little girl ‘’ the centşpede greeted me in joys. ‘’ Hello young lady ‘’ a grasshopper even bowed to me, like I was someone so special to them.  I soon began to warm, smile to the kindness of this family. And just then from the same door came out a boy about tall as me inside. He had big green white wings , who seemed to be a male butterfly. He looked straight at me ‘’ Hello. You must be the new girl ‘’ he looked me with such a cute lovely smile. I kinda blushed  ‘’Do-Doremi ‘’ my voice came out low, so shyly. ‘’Doremi.Such a pretty name. And I’ll be Jake ‘’. I smiled back, warmly.



‘’Oh you poor girl.You must be really hungry.Come,we just prepared lunch’’ a sentipede suddenly grabbed my hand and quickly made me sit on table.  And just when I saw table I stood stil all suprised. Top this table was just the foods we normally ate, like chicken, rice , spaghetti.

‘’You…..you eat just like we do ’’ I said very suprisingly, imagining what  bugs ate in my world.

‘’Cool,  means we got something in common’’the cooker giggled.  I  asked no more, for I were too confused already.

  During eating, these bugs jut couldn’t stop talkative, so curious in getting to know  me that soon I seemed to talk them just like a friend.  A grasshopper even shared me funny  story,  made me smile, laugh in laughter that I soon thought after my wonderful mother, he could have been my favorite story teller.  In short time everything seemed to be so fun for me that I soon felt like I was so loved, so warmed by these creatures  that  kinda I seemed to like them. 



‘’So what we should do now?  ‘’ Elisa asked smiling , after our big long luch.

‘’How about a trip round nature? ‘’ a big blue-white colored butterfly added excitedly.

‘’ A travel around nature ?‘’ I asked surprisingly as Jake hopped on butterflys back

‘’ Come Doremi, It’ll be really fun ‘’ he smiled with a wink.

I only smiled,  all surprised hoped by him.  And just when everyone jumped on pointed face bug we all  went up above the bright skys .  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  Everything under me was  little as an ant. It was just like mother told me, when you looked down from a plane.  But this time I was really flying. Flying like a little bird.  I stretched my  arms wide , feeling the wind drifting me up.

And soon we were flying above a bright field , full of colorful bloomed flowers.  My eyes shone bright like an emerald, melting into the wonderful  scents.  It was like I had fallen into a wonderland to me. I  dreamed going on the field picking up all kinds of flowers. And just then  Jake  grabbed my hand. ‘’ You’re ready Doremi ?’’ he asked, mimicking his eyes to the field.  It was like he could read my mind, that he seemed to understand what I wanted to do.  With a cute nod  , together we  jumped to the grassy field,  began running around , playing, picking up  flowers.  We also came to a  little pond, in middle was a sparkling red flower coming from beneath.  Jake quickly ran and grabbed it. ‘’ It’s a Kiasa Flower. So rare to find  ‘’ He turned and looked  me again ‘’ Here, you should take it Doremi.  I think it looks cute as you ‘’.

  I  blushed , froze to his words. ’’ T-Thank …you’’ my voice came so shyly.

And just then someone had called us far from behind  ‘’ Hey Everyone.  Let’s play  a game ! ‘’



  Then we were all spending a wonderful time playing in the fields.  I couldn’t believe it. I was playing hide and seek with this bug family.  The butterfly took me up a tree,  a carterpillar dug me a hole, and Elisa had covered me a bit with her webs, making me quite hard to find.  It was fun, quite different from  the hide seek I knew in my world. But Somehow silly Jake seemed to love hiding near me,  that whenever someone got me he would stand back by him or her, all ready to be caught too. Soon  Elisa trapped us around many large messed up webs she made by the trees, making us all try to find our ways out .

‘’ See if you can get through my labirent game this time everyone ‘’ Elisa smiled , totally trusting herself.

  ‘’Oh no you wont  this time Elisa ‘’ Jake answered smiling  and  looked straight at me

‘’ We can do this together Doremi ‘’ he smiled seriously, gripping his hands front.  I stood quiet first, but with a light nod  we began talking, even braging about each web around us. I couldn't tell how, but Jake and I seemed to do this pretty well  that  we were  going through every web so easy .  And  in just few minutes ,surprisingly,  we slipped  out through the last web, stood up all fully energetic.

‘’We did it ! We did it! ‘’ we both jumped high up the skies,  clapped each others hands giggling. We both couldn’t be happier.  Neither I had felt so  happy like this in winning a game before.

‘’B-But…..but..’’ Poor  Elisa went totaly speechless,  couldn’t believe the celebrating looks on our faces.   

  And so after a fun playing time we made a long walk down  the fields, down till we arrived to this new worlds sea shore.  The sea was sparkling blue, the sand shining like golden flakes.  It were one of the most beautiful seas I had seen.

‘’The seas sure smiling today ‘’ Jake said watching still

‘’ It’s very pretty ‘’ I smiled ,falling in love with the view.  Just by the side was a large wooden sail ship, with a long stair extending to the beach, unlike any ships I knew.  We all walked up to the ship.  And just there I saw an ant,  wearing  a white sailors clothes. 

‘’Hey Gary,  mind us giving a ride ’’ our carterpillar guide said smiling

‘’Ahoy,  we’ll almost depart  ‘’ he responded simply yet kinda cold.

‘’ Gary gary,  say hello to our new guest ‘’ Elisa happily introduced me to him.

‘’ Hello Hello ‘’ he just  said and looked back coldy at the sea again. I didn’t say anything, neither really cared, not liking him in the first place anyway.  Soon the ship  began sailing, opening quite far from land. Everyone was just relaxing,  smelling the pure cool  air of the sea.  Jake and I were sitting top the sail, like two watchers of this ship.  There was a  wonderful  cute view of sea up here. 

‘’ More fruits Doremi ‘’ the pointed nose bug kept bringing me plates of fresh fruits.  But somehow no one was bringing for Jack. ‘’ Why don’t you get some Jack ‘’

He smiled ‘’ Aww  it’s Ok Doremi.  I’m not really hungry  ‘’

And just then  a group of Dolphins came out from the sea, made a jump top us , around the ship singing, sprinkling shining water everywhere. We all looked up  in surprise.  It was so cute,  so lovely . It was like we were crossing under a rainbow.  And just then  the dolphins kept swimming with the ship, staring straight up at us two. I was just sitting, enjoying watching them till Elisa ‘’ I think they want to have a ride with you ‘’ she said smiling joyfully at us .  Jake quickly got up, looked me with a smile, all ready to do something

‘’Come Doremi. Lets go for a ride ‘’

I didn’t know why.  But I seemed  so calm , to have a ride with this dolphins,  in the middle of this sea . I had only learned to swim just few months ago.

Jake grabbed my hands , lifted , carried me down on a dolphins top.  The dolphins singed in joys. Then took us for a ride open in the sea.  I couldn’t believe . A little girl like me was riding a dolpin, in the middle of the sea.  I couldn’t stop giggling in joys .

‘’Wow! Look at em go. Oh  I’m so in ! ‘’ Elisa,  all excited, ran  for a dolphin

‘’Hey! Wait for me!’’  ‘’Me too!’’  The others followed her back,  except for the grasshopper, only just with his book, and Mr.Pointed face.

‘’ Oh if only my butt weren’t so big ‘’ he sighed, but all sudden with a smile  ‘’Oh well, guess I’ll make more fruits plates for everyone ‘’ he hopped and got back preparing.

‘’Hey Hey. Look at me go ‘’the silly centipede tried standing on dolphin with his many legs.

We just couldn’t stop giggling.

We all seemed to enjoy it really much, even the dolphins did that we just never seemed to stop , till a voice  from the ship  ‘’ Hey Everyone. We’re almost there ‘’

And just then we realized we were so close to shore, saying it’s almost time to go.



And just when we returned  home  a carterpillar name Jacko  suddenly ran to the piano,  putting all his feet on every note began to play a fast,  cute song  such I had never heard before.

‘’ Oh yes, I can play songs in many tunes  once Doremi’’ he giggled funnily , playin the song . 

‘’Hmmm….I guess I should  play my guitar then ‘’ the grasshopper excitedly said, for the first time leaving his book on desk , began playing his quite old looking guitar ‘’ Come everyone! Let’s dance! ’’ .

  We all hopped excitedly. Me even jumping like a little girl . And just when I were to pick my partner, my friendly bug  partner,  Jake  grabbed my little hands again, looked straight me with his cute smile, bright blue eyes  ‘’ Can you dance good doremi? ’’ he asked me in such a soft cute tone. I blushed,  froze into his smile. 

‘’ Why yes,  I can ‘’ I giggled, trying to hide my  feeling. But suddenly a serious smile glared on my face  ‘’ Just watch and see’’ with a cute pose, a chance to impress him, I began to dance around him, so rapidly showing all my dances, showing off my style .  It was so cute, and attractive  that  He whirled around and couldn’t believe  what he saw   Then with a blink I quickly grabbed his hands ‘’So you wanna dance ?’’ I asked  with a giggle.

‘’Y-Yea…..s-sure….’’ he said, all suprised . And we really were dancing so cute, so romantic together  to the fast song that everyone was so charmed, so surprised by us they soon couldn’t resist to hop into our dance,  all together dance holding eachothers hands.  Dancing with spiders , ladybugs, grasshoppers, it all seemed like a fun, funny  game to me now.  I felt like I were flying like a bird, dancing  with the angles above.  The dance just went on all day long , so long even night hit till when  a bright white light flashed by the door, that appeared to be some  little white ferry.  ‘’Hey Casey ‘’  Elisa greeted first  with a wave, understanding she knew her  ‘’Hello Everyone’’ the fairy flyied around  me in joys, springling shining sprinkles  ‘’I ve found Doremis home. I have. I have .’’

  I just couldn’t believe to what my eyes were seeing again.  So it wasn’t just bugs now but a fairy as well  , who was now gonna take me home. I couldn’t kno how much to believe. But if the bugs knew her,  I knew there was nothing to worry about.  I was happy ,  yet inside so sad to leave the wonderful bug family,  after all the fun, their kindness to me.  But I just couldn’t leave mother worried. I looked back. Everyone was all  together, smiling to me , as if I were a part of their family.

  ‘’Guess it’s time to say goodbye’’ Elisa came by, stroke my hair with her thin long legs. It felt just  like mothers stroke, that made me hug her softly from her tall neck.  Then Jake hopped by me, holding my little hands  ‘’Thank you Doremi.  It’s been really fun to be together ’’ he  smiled, gave a soft kiss on my cheeks.  I smiled, hoping I didn’t  cherry blush. ‘’  You can always come back when you have time ‘’ the grasshopper added  with a blink ‘’ Our fairy perhaps will help you’’ . The fairy nodded sprinling.

Everyone  thanked, hugged me cutely for so long that the ferry ‘’We should go now ‘’ She said  as she glittering the air around me ‘’Bye Doremi. See you again ‘’ everyone waved their hands ‘’Thank you. Thank you for everytjing’’ I waved back smiling , my eyes shining bright, emotionally till nothing  around was left but an empty white space.



‘’Doremi. Doremi. Wake up ‘’ Mother woke me shaking my shoulder ‘’You’re gonna be late for school again little girl ’’

I stood  up from bed. It all had been just a dream, a long wonderful dream. But  just  this time I seemed to be smiling with my wake

Mother worried ‘’ Is something wrong dear ? ‘’

I giggled ‘’Oh no mother. It’s just....it's just I had this wonderful dream.  And I’ll like to tell  ‘’

Mother sighed , smiled ‘’ Oh Doremi. Very well. Come down and explain me while you have breakfast . Or you’ll be really late again ‘’

And as I got off bed  I quickly ran down stairs, all excited to  share my dream.



Word count:2709

© Copyright 2010 Dawn_Amy Fan (sonicuamyfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677517-A-day-with-an-unusual-family