*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678198-elf-information
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1678198
just a bit on my elves
warriors
the elves and Ikaia are dressed mainly in animal fur, the armor is made of bone. the swords are either large swords like claymores, or small like rapiers. They exist in small communities, usually practicing in case they are ever called on, and when they are will mobilize en masse  and will fight diligently to the end. 

                                      agriculture
the peasantry grow many fruits and vegetables. This is mainly because meat is reserved for the warriors' dinner before a battle. A farmer is the main career for an Elven peasant because it takes years to train a blacksmith and there's usually no need for more than one. The sole exception was during the Humans' war when the blacksmiths banded together to speed the production of weapons.

                                betrothals and weddings.
Until an Elf maiden is wedded, she wears some of her hair in a circlet like braid to show she was never wedded. When she is betrothed she wears circlet of flowers on her head to show she is going to be wedded. Weddings took place upon a boat where, after they have exchanged their vows, the man takes the circlet off her head and throws it in the water.

Slowed aging process
When an elf  turns twenty their age deceleration kicks in and for every ten years they age, they age only one physically while retaining the wisdom they had. 

Enhanced looks/senses
Along with the slowed aging elves also have sharper features such as a pointed chin, slanted eyes, and pointed ears. Their bodies are also far slimmer. 


Cultures

Elves
Your typical elves, ruled over by the 12 year old queen Aihia, they live mainly in forests and  prefer the cover of the trees to the wide openness of a plain. They are not typically warlike, but will stride into battle if the order is given. Queen Aihia rules without a regent despite her age after a particularly nasty coup instigated by a regent several hundred years ago. To compensate for her age, a council rules beneath her, sometimes undermining her authority where they have to be reminded of their place. 

Ta’rokuul

The brutes of the elves, started when Rokuul, a particularly violent elf, grew tired of the elves incessant peace and split away, taking several hundred followers with him. Their rebellion eventually became a warrior culture all their own. In it, a warrior puts one braid in his hair for every kill he makes, and  no hair is allowed to grow on the forehead or frontal part of the forehead as that is a show of shielding yourself. A great Council rules instead of a monarchy and makes all the major decisions 

Ikaia

A bizarre offshoot of the elves, made when an elf pleaded with Tauk, the god of life, for the soul of his daughter who was dying. She lived, though with the strange ability to control fire, and the late showing ability to morph into a wolf when she came of age. The other elves considered her to be a demon and exiled her. Soon the traits began appearing with other Elvin newborns until their were enough outcasts to form it’s own society and they had been given the name Ikaia which means demon-brood. Though they have been prejudiced against much in the past. Aihia is attempting to welcome them back into society. Their village is run by a council of elders who decide when they go to war, and what they do with outsiders. 
© Copyright 2010 emeraldswordmaster (aeos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678198-elf-information