*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678341-The-Little-Monster
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1678341
A little monster discovers chocolate
Once upon a time, in the deep deep forest, there lived a monster.

He was not a big scary monster; he was a small fuzzy monster. His fangs hung over his bottom lip and his eyes where crossed. He liked to spend his days lying under his favorite rotten tree munching on squirrels and bunnies.

One day, a little boy found the monster munching on a particularly tasty bunny. The little boy was so surprised to see the monster, that he just stood and stared while holding his chocolate bar. Now, it was a very hot summer day and as everyone knows, when you hold a chocolate bar in your hand on a very hot summer day, it will melt.

As the little boy’s chocolate melted, the monster began to sniff the air. He sniffed and sniffed trying to figure out what the yummy smell was.

Suddenly, he noticed the little boy. Having never seen a little boy before, and having never smelled such a mouth-watering smell before, he decided that it must be the little boy who smelled so yummy! But, how could he eat the little boy? He was almost as big as the monster.

“Little one,” said the monster, “you smell so yummy that I wish to eat you for lunch.”

“Oh no!” said the little boy. “You can’t eat me! My mommy would be so sad if you did.”

“But you smell so good! Much better than squirrels and bunnies!”

The little boy knew he couldn’t possibly smell that good as he had spent the morning at the pond catching his daily quota of frogs.

“I think you smell my chocolate bar.” Said the little boy holding up his chocolate dripping hand.

The monster grabbed the little boy’s hand and, with a big sloppy hairy tongue, licked the little boy from his elbow all the way up to the tips of his fingers.

“Mmmm,” said the monster, “are you sure that you don’t taste yummy?”

“Oh yes,” said the little boy, “but everything tastes better with chocolate!”

The monster was not really convinced that the little boy was telling the truth, so he grabbed the little boy’s other arm and licked it from his elbow all the way to his fingertips.

“Yuck!” said the monster spiting the taste out of his mouth. “You taste like frogs and pond water. That is my least favorite meal!” He decided that little ones did not taste very good.

“How,” asked the monster scratching his chin, “does a monster get this chocolate?”

“Oh, I have lots of chocolate.” said the little boy. “If you let me go, I’ll get you all the chocolate you want.”

“Do you promise?” asked the monster.

“Yes.” said the little boy. “I’ll bring you a whole wagon full.”

So the monster agreed to let the little boy go. Soon the little boy returned pulling a wagon stacked to the top with chocolate bars, dipping chocolate, white chocolate and every other kind of chocolate.

The monster was so excited; he jumped up and down clapping his hairy, warty hands together. He thanked the little boy and sent him on his way.

When the little boy came home, he was so excited to tell his mother all about meeting the monster, but she told him he had to take a bath. She thought he smelled like bat’s breath, but he told her it was actually monster slobber.

Now, the monster happily spends his days eating his squirrels and bunnies dunked in chocolate because everything really does taste better with chocolate!
© Copyright 2010 anniezak (anniezak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678341-The-Little-Monster