*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678798-Buried
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Horror/Scary · #1678798
imagine being buried alive but you dont know why.
FADE IN:
INT. NEWSPAPER HEADLINES FLASH ACROSS THE SCREEN, “MAN FOUND BURIED ALIVE!”, “COUPLE FOUND BURIED IN FIELD”, “BODY FOUND BURIED IN CENTRAL PARK”, “ELDERLY MAN FOUND BURIED IN BASEBALL FIELD”, “COLLEGE CO-ED FOUND BURIED IN BASEMENT”, “CEO OF TRI-CORP. MISSING!” 1:33 A.M. –MORNING

SHALLOW BREATHING EMINATES FROM A UNCONSCIENCE MAN LYING IN A SMALL PINEBOX SIX FEET UNDER GROUND. THE TICKING OF A WATCH BEGINS TO ECHO IN HIS EARS; FLASHES OF STRUGGLING AND SCREAMING RACE THROUGH HIS MIND.

(VOICE OVER) The body count continues to rise as the shadow of death covers the city.

The man opens his eyes to see only darkness.
MAN
What the fuck!

The man tries to move but cannot; he begins to struggle with no avail. He tries to get his arms in to position to beat on the lid of the container.

MAN
Help! Help Me! Help!

VOICE
Do not struggle, it will cause you to die much quicker than I intend.

MAN
Somebody help me! Get me the fuck out of here! Who the fuck are you! Get me out of here!

The man starts to gasp for air and begins to claw at the wall above him and clutch his throat. A blast of air rushes through the container enabling the man to breath more easily.

VOICE
You are making this quicker than I expected. I do not want you to die quickly; I want to let you suffer. I want to savior you torment and hear your life’s breath leave your body.

The man takes deep breaths of air and his eyes roll to the back of his head. He begins to cry and scratch at the coffin lid. Then a burst of light shines across his face; the man gasps with excitement


THE SCREEN FLASHES WHITE: AN ALARM CLOCK GOES OFF AT 5:45 A.M.
THE MAN TURNS OFF THE ALARM AND ROLLS OUT OF BED ONTO THE FLOOR; HE BEGINS TO DO PUSH UPS WHILE RECITING EDGAR ALLEN POE’S “THE SLEEPER”. HE WALKS TOWARD THE SHOWER AND TURNS IT ON.

(VOICE OVER) Another corpse has been unearthed in an abandoned warehouse and is said to be the twentieth body recovered in three-weeks. Investigators are still searching for suspects...
MAN WALKS PAST A STREET SIGH WITH A “MISSING” POSTER STAPLED TO IT. HE THEN ENTERS AN OFFICE BUILDING WALKS PAST SECURITY AND ENTERS AN ELEVATOR:
LADY
Morning sir
He looks her up and down and recognizes her gorgeous body and he stares at her beautiful firm breasts. It amazes him that he can’t forget a body like hers but the name, it escapes him.
MAN
Morning Ms…?
She voices with a disdain tone and a look of fury as if she was about to rip his balls off of him.
LADY
---------------? I’m the Assistant Marketing Manager?! We went out last weekend!

He then realized that he did know her inside and out literally but he had forgotten her name. It was no surprise to him made it a habit to bed the women working for the company. He had to act fast to relieve the pressure that was put upon him.

MAN
I’m sorry ________. I didn’t recognize you, are you wearing your hair different? I know that’s a new outfit. It looks good on you. It brings out the color of your eyes and makes you look younger.


The man exits the elevator and winks at her, knowing he just avoided disaster. She blushes as she smiles at him. If he plays his cards right he may just have her again, although it may take a little persuasion.

MAN
Mmmmm, she was nice! I wonder if she’ll let me….

He remembers the things she did that night, and the things she let him do to her. He smiles.

Flash back to the man in the coffin.
MAN
Wha…get me out of here! Help me!”

VOICE
Now, now begging doesn’t suit you, now suffering…that’s what I have in mind.
MAN
(Sobbing)Why are you doing this? Who are you?
VOICE
Don’t you know?
© Copyright 2010 Virgil Grayson (luke0812 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678798-Buried