*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680064-A-Dream-That-Came-True
Rated: E · Other · Supernatural · #1680064
A dream laced with symbolism becomes the reality over a three-day span.
I once had a dream in which I was a skunk. People laugh when I tell them this. But yes, of all animals, I was a skunk. Just go with me on this.

I was a skunk, and at first I didn't know it. The view of the dream was in the first person for a while. I was at my high school as a senior, playing my last concert with the band. I was first clarinet, but I thought my performance at the end of the program was less than sufficient. It was my last performance, and I was disappointed. It was then that the first person perspective panned out to the third person, and I saw myself as a skunk. This didn't occur as odd to me, but then again, no dream is weird as it happens, only in hindsight.
Unfortunately, no one from my family was able to drive me home after the concert, so my little skunky self was forced to walk the five miles it took to get home. Fortunately, dreams pass quickly, and before I knew it I was at a corner about a mile from home. It was here I decided to stop, and sit on the side of the road for a bit. There were no cars at all, the afternoon was dead. I saw an Asian woman with a baby carriage walking down the yellow line in the road, seemingly oblivious to the danger she was putting herself and her child in by being in the middle of the road. She saw me, and smiled somewhat maniacally, and held up a bucket she was carrying.
She proceeded to stick her hand in the bucket, and tossed the contents onto the road in front of her. Five jelly fish landed in a straight line on the road in front of me, and she ran over the middle one, back and forth, while staring at me, smiling menacingly. I simply watched, unsure of what to do. After the jelly fish was nothing more than a clear, chunky mess in the road, she continued on her way down the yellow line. For some reason, I was suddenly overcome with the need to save the other jelly fish. I found a conveniently placed bucket, scooped them up, and hurried down the road.
Later that evening, I went to a house party, still as a skunk, but no one seemed to notice. The Asian woman was there, and she was very angry that I had a bucket full of the jelly fish she had thrown out earlier. The house had a marsh in the back yard, and there were saltwater pools nearby. I threw the jelly fish in, and was proud of myself for doing so.

I didn't come here to strictly to tell you about my dream. That's only half the story. The interesting stuff is what happened afterward.

The first day after I had the dream, I was driving in a car with my cousins, along the road near my house. About two minutes into the drive, I see a roadkill skunk on the side of the road. I thought it was no big deal, it was more than likely a coincidence.

The second day after the dream, I was on the beach with my cousins. It was cloudy, overcast, and cold, but we had grown tired of staying in the house. We put on our bathing suits and ran around in the crappy weather. In one of the tide pools, I noticed a dead jelly fish floating. It was the same type that had been in my dream. Still no big deal, what does a dead jelly fish have to do with anything?

The third day after my dream, the family was getting ready for a cookout at our beach house. We were waiting on the grand parents, who were almost 20 minutes late. We called their house, and my uncle answered. My grand parents had been in a car accident on their way back home from buying a new lawnmower. Instinctively, I knew that the place they had the accident was the corner where the Asian woman ran over the jelly fish in my dream, and I was right. I couldn't believe it.

Miraculously, they weren't hurt at all. The car had flipped over, and surely my fragile Nana would have at least broken a hip. But that wasn't the case. The most either of them received was a scratch or two. They needed to buy a new car, but it was a small price to pay for both of them to be alright.

I don't know how such a random dream could cause me to indirectly "see" the "future". I don't know if it's common, or if it will ever happen again. Maybe this is how the Universe works, occasionally showing a person certain omens for them to pay attention to, perhaps to warn them of events to come. I don't understand the reason, because there's nothing I could have done to prevent the accident from actually happening. I didn't have enough information. Who could know something like that from the dream I had? I like to think it all happened for a reason, though. You can bet I now pay more attention to my dreams.
© Copyright 2010 R. Stone (cellar_door at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680064-A-Dream-That-Came-True