*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680329-The-Whole-World-Is-Crazy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fanfiction · #1680329
I create a report for my newspaper, the Daily Column, a winner I'm sure.
Word count 696



The Whole World Is Crazy





Today will change my life. I’ve written a master piece and I know my editor will be given me the job of ’chief writer’ of the paper. I’ve been after this position for 3 long years. I’ve worked hard and diligently…long hours and even weekends when asked. In fact, I’ve given my entire life to this paper.



My assignment was to create a political view on the city councils new idea to start a management group for the Utilities Commission. Not my view, but the peoples view. Interview after interview, I came up with one hell of a political view.



It seems that the Democrats and the Republicans are at war internally. From what I am told, the Democrats are trying to oust the Republicans and though this is nothing new in policies, in this case the Democrats are using powers they do not have. That also is nothing new, but something happened 3 weeks ago and nothing has been put out to the public as of yet.



Three weeks last Tuesday at approximately 10:32 pm, there was an explosion 7 miles out of town. Everyone, and I mean everyone, in town knows about it, but few know what it was and all seems to be a big, huge, secret. Well, I kept at my sources and I was able to discover that in fact it was not an explosion, but an invasion for the planet Altar. When the Altar space shuttle landed, it created what everyone thought was an explosion but in reality it was only the shuttles decompression chambers allowing the ship to settle into our earth.



The people sent to check out the explosion were naturally the fire and police department. Now, it seems that the entire forces put together (fire and police) are all democrats. Once they discovered the space craft, they immediately took control of the entire area and refused entry to all others. Also, surprisingly, the occupants of the craft were just like humans. Apparently, Altar is our sister planet and  Altarians are democrats.



The way this information is going to be used is when the democrats vote on the candidates for the president of the Utilities Commission, all the Altarians are going to vote, giving the democrats the majority vote. They will be able to rule the Utilities in our city and rates are going to raise something fierce. It’s quite likely many, many people will be without utilities and the damage that will do is unbelievable.



I’m on my way right now to present my report to the president of the Daily Column. My stomach is in knots and I can’t wait to hear the words “ Daniel, this is the most intelligent and informative report this paper has had to this date”.



Okay, I just handed my article to Jordan. He’s looking over it and he’s smiling. Still reading….oh, he’s motioning for me to return to his office.

I think I’m going to puke…my stomach is in my throat. I’ve waited so long for this promotion, I can taste it. Going in.



“Set down, Daniel.”



I setting down.  Damn I almost missed the chair. How embarrassing.



“Daniel, What the hell ever caused you to write about this situation?”

How do you ever expect to get moved up in this business if you keep handing me all this crap you write?”



“What do you mean?” I’m stunned



“What do I mean? Daniel, there is no planet and aliens and spaceships. Well, this is the last straw. You’re fired, Daniel. I’m sorry but I can’t continue to keep you on any longer.”



I’m sickened. I worked hard on my article. “But…”



“But…hell. You’re fired, that’s all there’s to it. I have plenty of good writers who live in reality. Now I’m busy. Get out.”



Oh, one fact I forgot to put in my report is that even though the Altarians are like us in all ways, they have one unique aspect we don’t. They are blue. So, I’m leaving Jordan and I’m so upset I think I will try one more time to talk to him. Holly crap. He's turning blue!!!!



© Copyright 2010 Aneishi (aneishi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680329-The-Whole-World-Is-Crazy