*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680705-We-Knew-Best
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Drama · #1680705
After digging through my old poems for hours, this is the one I liked the best.
Vacant.
It's all vacant.
There's nothing left.
We were taught that pain was meant to hurt... but when the hurt stops... and the pain is there... we just curl up and die.
The blood on my fingers, and the marks on your wrist.
Designated for show... I'll hold your bleeding arms 'till they fall off.
I can't bare it. It's not real enough without someone here.
Then again, I think I'm better off alone.
So we shut the world out, and leave the lights off, and tell everyone it's cold inside and to stay away.
We're better off this way. Hand in hand, and singing carols of the tragedy we thought we knew best.
We knew best.
Are we orchestrated like the puppets on the string?
Wooden and hollow... ah, that's simply peace at mind. Lifeless and happy.
We knew best.
Fading... we're just fading on with the times.
Bitter, like the feel of winter, and hating everything that moves.
Hate's all that we've accomplished.
We knew best.
© Copyright 2010 Eric Eden (profhmoody at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680705-We-Knew-Best