*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681105-Jon-Bon-Jovi-the-interview
Rated: · Interview · Music · #1681105
Jon Bon Jovi: the newest interview
New Jersey boy, and famous rock star Jon Bon Jovi, gave amazing interview the other day! The Bon Jovi fans will be interested because he talks about his marriage with Dorothea, the band and he also opened his heart and talked about what would be the perfect funeral for him! Here is what he said!

If I wasn’t a rock star, I’d be the ringmaster in a circus.

I hope I look as good as something between Prince William and Keith Richards.

In the real world I get up at 7 o’clock in the morning. On the road, it’s vampire hours: I go to bed at four in the morning and get up at noon. I bitch and moan about it until I’m out the door, and when I get to that first hotel room I’m like, OK, here we go again.

I live out of a bag. I come home and my closet looks like a gift.

I get depressed by short-sighted, slight-minded, pseudo-intellectuals.

Our fans are very loyal, but it’s not like we’re the Grateful Dead. Generations of people come to our shows.

I don’t know what perfect happiness is, but I think my life, my wife and four healthy kids is pretty darn good.

The secret of a happy marriage is leaving home a lot.

People write what they think they know [about me] because they’re just too lazy to look into it. They may misconceive what I do. What are you going to do?

I don’t get tired of singing Livin’ on a Prayer. Not when I see the jet with my name on it.

I’ve made the usual sacrifices for my career: sell soul, give away too much to too many… repeat.

The best book I’ve ever read is The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. It gets to the core of what we’re doing here. I’m not really driven by possessions, and the nomadic lifestyle has something to do with that. You realise you can live out of a bag and the rest of the stuff is fun to play with, but not necessary.

Are my children embarrassed by me? Not if they want their share.

London in June is magical. I thought it’d be a blast to spend time there, family and friends could come over. That’s the idea anyway. We’ll see who actually shows up.

When you’re healthy you play great, and when you play great, everything’s fine.

We did American Idol last night. That’s not really work, it’s three and a half minutes. I can do a whole bunch of things for three and a half minutes and be good.

Don’t stay at the party too long. I mean that metaphorically. I’ll never be out there slogging the Livin’ on a Prayer tour. Just get out. Know when you’re on top.

Preparing for a tour is very physical, but mentally it’s like spending the night bar-hopping with old friends.

I don’t care what people write about me when they say very nice things.

I’ll spend the day before the first London show seeking forgiveness for the prior night’s sins. I’m doing that right now as well. It’s not like I sit in bed and go to sleep early.

I want the Beatles’ In My Life played at my funeral. You don’t want something upbeat. I’ll be dead, for God’s sake, I don’t want anyone else to be happy. I’m going to make ’em all pay for the bonus at the end, which is my estate. They’re going to have to suffer for hours. I want Catholic guilt and misery.
© Copyright 2010 NinaPlese_Croatia (ninacroatia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681105-Jon-Bon-Jovi-the-interview