*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682159-Ruins-History-Eruantiel--the-Knights
Rated: E · Article · Biographical · #1682159
A description of what my players know of Eruantiel, the patron of the Eldritch Knights.
Eruantiel was considered to be a gift from the Goddess herself, and encouraged the creation of your order to ensure the safety of their race's relics and history. Eruantiel herself was Eladrin, and she befriended and brought together the two worlds of Mellaria (the name you know Kierdaan was once called, and the surrounding areas) and the world of the Eladrin, which some know only vaguely what it is like. Eruantiel left this world for the next in the year 703 and her grave was left raised above the ground in front of one of the temples. Eladrin - Human - Elven relations improved well after the institution of the order as they also acted as agents of peace and negotiated with the other races.

Three of the highest ranks - Corellon, an eladrin paladin; Melora, an Elven ranger; and Sehanine, a human rogue - scouted throughout the land and were the first to encourage more lax restrictions on trade with other races, and their deaths were made into holidays for the kingdom. Temples came up shortly after dedicated to their values. Slowly, the order absorbed more history and relics from races other than the Eladrin were moved to the center of Mellaria to be kept safe, and the city expanded greatly with different races taking on new jobs (Halflings learned new blacksmithing skills and honed their instrument-making skills, Dragonborn, a young race, learned ways to infuse their races power into the metal with help from the Elves and created a new compound of metals they called Dragon Steel). Eladrin and Human carpenters and masons spent the next 200 years easing the housing problems by expanding across the continent below the mountains.

With the birth of Lucien Cardonnis, future father of Alistar, his birth was marked by a gift from the Centaurs. With permission from the Eladrin, whose population was slowly declining due to a low birth rate, the Centaurs gave the human royalty the gift of the Crái (krae-uh), a magical sapling from the lands beyond that grew only under the rule of a good and noble king. The Eladrin then passed on the rule of Mellaria to Humanity and promised to never leave for the Summerlands. Human royalty agreed to hold off on the crowning until Lucien, at the age of 17, having been tutored by a priest of Corellon. Lucien grew to be a truely noble man and worthy of the crown. The day of his crowning, there was a day of celebration as all of Mellaria came to the courtyard. The old Centaur placed the elven crown on him, and the tree began to glow brilliantly and slowly a specter of Eruantiel herself formed and the tree grew transparent. She spoke of Lucien's future child, and the dangers that lie ahead for Mellaria and the threat of the North. She reached out and touched the crown of Lucien, which began to shine itself, and then she retreated back from where she came. The light faded and the crowd was quiet.

Eruantiel showed herself twice more after - once at the birth of Alistar, and once before the incursion of Ba'al.

The Knight's order ISN'T big, but they are indeed extremely powerful in what they have the ability of doing. Since the fall of Mellaria, their duties have moved more from what it used to be back to what Eruantiel originally said their duty would be: preserve their culture from prying, greed-ridden hands. The artifacts of the past aren't just things in books to be remembered, they are real and quite possibly still in existence. Among an Aellon's crescent blade, armor and other belongings they were entrusted, there was a ring. It has a circular pattern on it, with little ribs on the edges like a quarter. An Aellon witnessed the symbol being inscribed upon their admittance, and saw what looked like white and blue light come from it. The relics in Kierdaan are the property of the Knights, all of which have more than one use for them. Which ones left intact, however, is left to be discovered.
© Copyright 2010 Kelsy Smith (eruantiel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682159-Ruins-History-Eruantiel--the-Knights