*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682230-Finding-Myself
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1682230
Short story about someone trying to get away.
"I cannot take it anymore!" Alecia screamed as the driving gust of wind and rain pushed her closer to the dark, yet inviting edge of the cliff. She could hear the anger of the waves as they thrashed against the rocks pointed up towards heaven. She risked one more glance at the person that drove her here, on this night, to her welcomed release on the pain that held her tight. Her father made no move to come drag her away, but didn't leave, hoping to witness her death.

She looked into his eyes, into his soul, and realized that he saw that he won on either choice she makes. He knew that if she jumped then he would have one less mouth to feed and more money for his precious ciggerets. If she stayed then she would have to witness the verbal abuse her mother has to endure, and clean until her handa are rubbed raw. That glimmer in his eye of pure joy sparked a little bit of anger she felt towards him, which just built and buitl until the red-hot anger blinded her. In this fit of fury she ran towards his voice that was saying, "I won. Make your decision here and now. You wanna jump? Be my guest."

The wind howled louder and the waves splashed higher, seeming to understand that they will recieve another body to drag down to its murky bottom. She stumbled, on what is a mystery, and plunged to her passage of freedom. The last thing she heard was something her mother told her, "Hun, please, never give up." She thought to herself as the welcoming arms of death greeted her, "I never did mom, I never did."
© Copyright 2010 Abby Russel (jimena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682230-Finding-Myself