*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682318-A-Ryan-Buell-fan-fiction
Rated: E · Chapter · Comedy · #1682318
The first part of fan fic that I have yet to have a title for, This is not a fan girl item
The sun hit my eyes as I slowly awoke to a new day. The first thought to hit my mind was “what is so good about today”? Then I remembered, Ryan Buell from Paranormal State was coming today, for a private investigation. I immediately became wide awake, and damn near fell out of my bed. “Jesus Nikki” I whispered to myself, “get a hold of yourself”. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I left my bedroom and dragged my dormancy deprived body downstairs. Rose, my mother, was already up and functioning. She set a fresh cup of coffee in front of my nose as I seated myself at the kitchen table. Sitting down beside me she said “so are you excited about today”? I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, “excited is an understatement mom” I said as the caffeine hit me.

         We had been having paranormal things happening around our house for some time now, and the thought that we would finally have an answer to them was astounding; plus we get to meet Ryan as a bonus. I was barely through my morning cigarette when I heard a vehicle pull into the driveway. “Shit me not” I said as I peeked out the window on the front door, “oh my god mom, he's here”. I on the other hand was on my way up the stairs, make up had to be done, and I sure wasn't going to let Ryan catch me in my pajamas. A nineteen year old wearing whinny the poo, yeah imagine that.

         As I preened myself in my vanity mirror, I heard the screen door being opened and Ryan's voice floated up the stairs. “Hi, Rosalind” he spoke, “I'm Ryan Buell from the Paranormal Research Society”. “Oh my god” I thought to myself as I brushed my long brown hair, “Ryan is actually in OUR house”! Suddenly my name resounded from the bottom of the stairs, making me jump and my brush fall and slide halfway across the floor. “I ain't done yet mother” I answered, though I'd been done for about five minutes now, but I was still nervous about going down there. “Please mom, don't send him up” I thought to myself, but I knew my mother all to well. I stared at the frightened blue eyes in the mirror, because now I heard footsteps coming up the stairs...and they weren't my moms. “Nicole”? I heard as Ryan turned the corner and stopped in the doorway to my bedroom, “what are you doing...hiding”? He asked with a grin. “Nope” I replied “just getting ready, do you meet company in PJ's”? He shook his head, “straight goods, neither do I”. Turning to meet his six foot frame I looked at him sternly, “and please, call me Nikki, no one gets away with calling me Nicole except my mom”. He nodded his acknowledgment then asked “are you coming downstairs”? Realizing that I didn't have much of a choice I followed him back into the kitchen.

         Now that I was all cleaned up and ready to go, the nervousness flooded from my body, I felt like my old self again, which definitely showed in the way I spoke. Sneaking a peek at the bags by the door I quickly added my opinion, “what, are ya moving right in”? I asked watching Ryan sit at the table. “No” he chuckled, “I'm only staying for a few days”. Mom must have taken this as a verbal cue for she immediately said “I'm going to put these up in your room”. Whether it was shock or surprise that fluttered over my face I'm not sure, but Ryan got up. “I can do it Rose, as long as Nikki shows me where I can put it”, with this I lead him back up the stairs.

         Entering my room I sighed and looked around, the room was a fair size, but being true to my gender, I had it packed. My king size bed took up over half the room not to mention my vanity mirror/dresser, “just put your stuff over there for now” I said as I pointed in the general direction of the closet. Reading his mind I quickly added “trust me your not going to fit anything else in that closet, I got it packed full of shoes...and they're sorted neatly” the last was spoken through gritted teeth. Laughing he turned from in front of the closet and spoke to me “I don't understand why women need so many pairs of shoes”. In a mock gasp I explained, “you need to have shoes that are going to match almost every outfit”. Shaking his head Ryan sighed and preceded to plunk himself on my bed, “long trip”? I asked. “Yeah, to much driving and not enough sleep” he said with a hand over his eyes, “I hear ya on that one” I said as I sat down next to him. Scratching my forehead I continued to study him...Ryan Buell in my bed, “all the girls that would shoot me right now” I thought; not realizing that I had spoken out loud. Ryan laughed as he sat up, me on the other hand, I'm pretty sure I turned redder than a lobster's ass. “Well” Ryan said standing up, “I'll give you two a little while to adjust, then we can begin with the interviews...is that alright”? I shrugged in indifference but a question that had been secretly plaguing me popped out. “Uuhh...where are you gonna sleep”? Then I boldly added, “you can sleep in my bed if you want, it's the only bed left in the house”. Briskly I also said, “I can like, give you a separate blanket if that will make you more comfy” this I added with my best “do it” smile. “Are you sure”? Ryan asked, but when I nodded hard enough you'd think my head would topple off he obliged.
© Copyright 2010 ~~Nikki~~ (nikki2291 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682318-A-Ryan-Buell-fan-fiction