*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683350-Saving-Grace-Ch-2-Small-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1683350
Ch.-2 of Saving Grace Is it really a small world like Anne suggested?
Luckily, I found a small park just a short walk from the apartment. I threw on a t-shirt, atheletic shorts, and tennis shoes, one Saturday morning, grabbed my basketball, and headed there.

There was no one else at the park, so I couldn't play in a pick up game, so I just started shooting for a while. Practing my shot and all...

I set up to shoot, when I heard footsteps behind me. I figured I'd follow through with the shot before I foun out who it was. The sound came closer, the ball was just on my fingertips, when suddenly-- The ball was smacked my down, straight to the ground.

I immediately turned to see who it was. The face I saw stunned me more than the fact that he had blocked my shot right then.

"Justin?"

"Yeah. Anna?", he said.

I nodded my head. Tears filled my eyes as he opened his arms for a hug. I gladly accepted the offered gesture of friendship, and jokingly said, "Where have you been?"

He shrugged, "Around".

"Yeah", I answered as a tear fell.

"Don't cry", he said said kindly, "Come sit down", he said as he led me to a picnic table. "Now, tell me everything that happened after I left and explain why you're here."

I sat down and told him everything. After I used my shirt to dry tears and recieved another hug, I picked up the ball and asked, "One on one?"

"You're on!"

"Okay, 21 and you have to win by two."

"Let's go."

That game (okay more like series) was one of the best times of my life. It was like we were back home. Just hanging out together. I guess it is a small world...
© Copyright 2010 Afton :) (bieberlove230 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683350-Saving-Grace-Ch-2-Small-World