*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683408-Cant-Move-On
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #1683408
These are the secrets to letting go and moving on with your good life.
“I know I’ll never be able to move on.”



Does this ring a bell to you? This is what we usually hear from people who are love shattered and heart broken. Is it true?

Those are the words our heart keeps on saying, but remember that you will never make it if you don’t let your mind speak.



These are three easy stages on how to move on from break-ups or anything:



1. FORGIVE.



There is this popular saying that you can never carry on with your journey with a heavy burden in your heart. Imagine yourself climbing a mountain with tons of things hanging on your back—wouldn’t it be hard to reach the top? Take some time to reflect on forgiving. Remember that it does you no good to stay angry at someone. That would only make it harder for you.



You need to forgive yourself too. You know you didn’t mean to make mistakes. We make mistakes to learn from them. If you’ve learned from that certain experience, now you know what to avoid next time.



2. LET GO.

For you to be able to go on with your life, let go of the things that keep you from moving on. It’s like being trapped in a burning house–you wouldn’t make it out of the house if you take with you your closet, jewelry, the frames hanging on your bedroom walls, the first love letter you have ever received, or even the refrigerator!



Letting go takes time. Don’t expect yourself to be able to let go overnight. You need to help yourself. Stop thinking about what had happened. Stop crying over those old photos. Stop dwelling on every memory that would keep you from letting fo. If you find it difficult to let go of something or someone, keep in mind that there are better things waiting for you–maybe that’s why this didn’t work out for you.



3. MOVE ON.



This is the part where you grab the chance to start anew. Starting over is not as bad as it sounds–at least you know what to do and what to avoid the next time you encounter the same thing. Let new people take part of your life. Let them help you become a better person. In this way, you wouldn’t only forget about your past but also find new joy and meet new friends.





We know it is always “easier said than done.”



Moving on is not as easy as it sounds, but you will be able to move on no matter what and that is for sure. As you go along with your life, there would always be obstacles and challenges waiting for you, but there is nothing that you can’t overcome. Ask friends to help too for no one can survive in this world alone.



Remember to pray too. Don’t underestimate the power of praying for it can help you more than anything. We are given challenges not because God wants us to suffer but because He knows we can overcome them. The harder the challenge, the more we should be proud because it only means He believes in us that much.

You are strong, that’s why you are still fighting today.

© Copyright 2010 soulmates (soulm8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683408-Cant-Move-On